Hatari, you certainly know the history very well. But, I have to say, we still have a great life over here. Cost of living is up there with the best in the world. We REALLY do have everything we could ask for. Wildlife, ocean life, beaches, stable weather, gold, platinum, diamonds, good food, great steaks, excellent hunting.
If you are away from the big cities, and do what we do, these things don't really affect you that much. I refuse to watch the news and other media programs, as they simply blow all the stories out of proportion.
The country is not what it use to be, but I believe that the masses are getting fed up.
We have a single State in RSA that has been run for the past two terms by the opposition party. It's far from the old NP, but probably the closest to that. Difference is that the Democratic Alliance is for all colors. That State is the only State that has shown a growth in the economy. It's the only State where things are happening, and things work the way they are suppose to, like transport systems etc. and the people are noticing.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]