Which State is run by the DA?

I think your country is wonderful and agree that everything for a great life is right there. I'd love to have a place in South Africa. I love the land the people, the climate, but not the political situation. I fear it can/could be/will be destroyed, but I can be pessimistic about such things.

The voting numbers just aren't in favor of law and order. 40 million to 6 million is a tough ratio.

I'm astonished at the number of Zim blacks (Shona and Ndebele) are living and working - emphasis on working — in RSA and thriving. You can spot them easily as not Xhosa or Zulu, they are larger and darker, and I just ask where they are from and happily tell me.

They certainly like the life in RSA. I don't see them ever voting ANC, but who knows. If not citizens, they shouldn't vote anyway, but that doesn't stop it here.

I'm not sure what the government will do about the huge slums like the one outside of the airport in Cape Town. I understand it is divided etc., up inside by de facto by country of origin - Nigerians here, Congolese there, etc., — all coming for jobs that don't exist. Would the gov't send them back? Would it do any good?

Will the majority of Xhosa and Zulu start identifying as South Africans and not by tribe? Will they in any numbers get to the point where they push for the common good of the country over "take from the White man" mentality?

I was there a couple of years ago and spent time with my friends in the EC and in Cape Town. More or less, society still works. Kids play in rugby leagues, matches still go on and Newlands, the pubs still have beer. Chapman's Peak is still beautiful, the Karoo is still dry. The fishing in Kenton and George is still good (the days we went out!). Cell phones and the internet work.

The greatest contribution to the world might the braii! Can not beat it.

Marius, with all of that, give us an update on how you see the political landscape locally, regionally, and nationally. I'm curious to know more about today.

Thx!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo