Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by 308cal
Rouge and Oldelkhunter,

Never said I knew everything, and don't claim to, however, my question was specifics about scopes that have certain atributes, and the best one in their price range. I don't believe my question was "I am doing everything wrong because its not the way you do it, so why don't you tell me how you do it, because it is the correct and only way?" Because that was dang sure the answer I got from JohnBurns and 4ager.

Here's a hint:

You're going to be more accurate and more effective DIALING distance and HOLDING windage, than the reverse. If you can dial both, great, but windage is subject to change far more and far faster than distance, to holding and making slight adjustments there per the conditions is often a better option than constantly dialing and tweaking when the conditions change slightly. Holding distance when you can dial it is just not as accurate.

Also, mil is going to give you just as good a system as does MOA, so don't limit yourself to just one if by chance the "best" you're looking at or for is only offered in mils.

But, you obviously know everything at this point so offering advice is pointless.

Quote me as to when I've ever said anything about DIALING windage? And again, I've never claimed to know everything.

Last edited by 308cal; 02/25/15.