Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Sam, I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.
I am a patient person, but everyone has their limits and we are all human. It has nothing to do with "the POWER" and I got in hot water for both of those. Ed
oh I know that Ed. This is more in line with 'shop talk', things that those in the profession might share amongst themselves, humor that comes out of stressful occupations.
Nothing personal intended, from my point of view. I'm on the other end of the police/citizen continuum. laugh

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
It's really too bad that there IS that continuum.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (cops) don't live with that in the forefront of our minds and treat everyone as a criminal, we get the divide we have.

Cops cannot do their job well without the help and cooperation of the citizenry. If we (as citizens) don't hold our individual agencies accountable AT THE SOURCE then we get the divide we have.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell