Originally Posted by aalf

Cheapest entry fee:

https://us.armscor.com/products/gi-standard-fs-38-super-1

I bought a Rock Island Standard FS, with comabat sights, full length rod guide, and ambi safety, in 9mm, and my Colt 38 Super and 9x23 barrels fit and functioned w/o a hitch on that 9mm frame.

I've since sold the original Colt w/ that 9x23 barrel, but kept the Super barrel. I worked with HS-6 and 124 Remingtons that I went to 1400, but came back down and run them at 1300 even.

This is great info/news here for me. I really like my RIA Tac10 1911 10mm, and have decided that my next handgun purchase (Quite a ways down the road, unfortunately) is likely to be their 17 round 22TCM/9mm combo pistol. My plan then is to add barrels a barrel in 38 Super. Then obtain uppers or barrels for my single stack 10mm in 22LR and 45ACP. I don't think that there are magazines to make 10mm, 22LR or 45ACP run in that widebody 22TCM pistol or I would just get all of the barrel/spring sets for the one frame. I might do that (just get the other barrels fitted to it) anyway with this single, railed dustcover 10mm frame.

That combo set up all packaged into a single hard case with cutouts for the other barrel/spring combo's would make one heck of a useful bug out or other crisis piece. Whatever ammo one could find, one could run with a simple quick changeout. That 22TCM is a very interesting round to me.

Last edited by safariman; 03/02/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500