What is he even babbling about now? Larry I really did not know who you even were a few weeks ago and now I still don't know. You throw a meaningless post up or comment on a thread and then wander off when someone usually counters your point.

As mentioned by someone above, yes it was a Rep that signed the bill but it was a waste of paper at the time and still is today. The premise of stopping AP rounds out of pistols was intended for the infamous "teflon coated" KTW round and the THV that were being or were going to be imported. At that point nobody was thinking of a 5.56 pistol. It was a classic case of cart before the horse, I dont believe a peace officer was ever killed by a specific AP designed round from a pistol but plenty have been killed by lots of things punching through their vest. A simple .17 HMR will go a lot deeper in kevlar than a lot of people would like to believe.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper