Originally Posted by 7x64FN

The law is clear and ATF is only doing what the law requires. As for being never used to kill a policeman or any other ordinary citizen, I doubt that claim can be substantiated except by militia neo nazi goons on the internet.

The obvious question is have any of you sages actually read the original law, subsequent case law and the ATF proposal ? The obvious answer is no.

Good to know where you stand on American's gun rights. This should make you upset as a gun owner...plain and simple.

I have sent correspondence to my Congressional Rep. I do not see how or where 'credentials' are needed to express displeasure with yet another governmental overreach on my gun rights.

I don't shoot this ammo nor own an AR pistol. But I would never support an infringement such as this or any others...you, as a gun owner, should not either. I have read the original law, and I have read the definition of AP rounds, also I have read the make-up of the M885 round and how it simply does not fall into this category.

Please cite one case where the round in question has been used to target LEO's in an AR pistol...just one. I am willing to bet you can not.

Here is what Jerry M has to say on the matter...

Lots of opinions on this...but the bottom line is no gun owner, if they appreciate their rights, should ever be on the side of the gun legislation.