Originally Posted by 7x64FN
No jimmy, it was only an attempt to switch on the lights for you. It really isn't very smart to tread on the edge of slandering a person of whom you know nothing.
Unless you consider the endless lies paraded out by very few boys on this site as facts.

There is an old saying among attorneys that: " you can sue a ham sandwich."

So making the implication that someone is a felon is imprudent.

Let's just proffer, for the heck of it, that you did it to the wrong person who had the time, inclination and money to drag your butt into the court system. Win or lose, you would spend a lot of money, get plenty of bad publicity, your employer might take exception to whacko claims and Mr. X (the rich guy) could not only sue you in GA, but also in CA (where the slander was made) and in his home state as well. Then let's suppose he is a minority (hate crime) senior citizen (elder abuse), handicapped or a Vietnam vet. Then it's off to Federal court as well.

Ignorance of the law(s) is no defense, so I repeat tread lightly.

The law is clear and ATF is only doing what the law requires. As for being never used to kill a policeman or any other ordinary citizen, I doubt that claim can be substantiated except by militia neo nazi goons on the internet.

The obvious question is have any of you sages actually read the original law, subsequent case law and the ATF proposal ? The obvious answer is no.

If in fact any of you are such experts on the subject, one would assume you and your credentials would be submitted to ATF during the comment period. Again doubtful any have.

Meanwhile those dealers who have it are gouging the public with no remorse as they have to ditch it before it becomes law. Had they any ethics they would sell it at cost to get rid of it and put more ammo in the hands of law abiding citizens.

At Michael Douglas said: " Greed is good."

I support bans on ammunition when Republicans do it. Why do you want all centerfire rifle ammo banned when a democrat is in?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn