The 375RUM has appealed to me,since it's inception. Prior to that,I dreamt of such a cartridge(as I had nothing but GREAT experiences with my 378Wby).
<br>
<br>But the beauty of the 338Ultra in my opinion,is it's ability to bring EVERYTHING to the court. It has ample projectile diameter,coupled with ample weight/SD/BC and delivers the above at very impressive velocities.
<br>
<br>In your comparison,the 375H&H is a bigger cartridge(more capacity). The 338Win is a shortened H&H offering. The 340Wby is a more realistic comparison,as it utilizies brass of very nearly the same length and couples it with a free-bored throat. That keeps it's Ooomph on an even keel,in my opinion.
<br>
<br>The Ultra brings even more to the table,as it offers even more capacity and does so in "standard" throating geometry. Plus it is sans a belt(another plus,in my opinion).
<br>
<br>Soooooo,when weighing the 338Ultra vs. the 375Ultra,I believe I will take the reduced diameter,at a much inflated velocity,as a more versatile all around chambering................
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."