Ingwe, The nanofil doesn't have as many quirks as the fireline but conventional knots may not work, I'm not sure. When superlines first came out I found that regular fishing knots would slip so I came up with a knot that was a cross between the polamar and the improverd clinch knot. Braid, fireline and nanofil doesn't slip with this knot but I have never used a conventional knot with nanofil so I can't say if it works or not. I have been tieing this knot since high school.

Double your line like a polamar knot, run the doubled line through your hook/lure, then twisit like your tieing a clinch knot. Now take the doubled end and pass it through the loop below the twisted part right above the eye of the hook/lure like your tieing a clinch or trilene knot now instead of finishing like a clinch knot take the loop over the lure like a polamar knot, wet it and sinch it down. I called it the superline knot because It works with superline better than any knots I had tried before. I use it with mono and florocarbon too. I use it almost exclusively except when I need a loop knot.

Do you use a mono or floro leader or just tie strait to the lure with the fireline?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner