I have in my safe both the MRC XWR .308 and Kimber Montana .223. Unfortunately neither one is mine! I bought the XWR for my son-in-law and the Kimber Montana .223 for my wife.

Fortunately, I have shot both.

I haven't put the Kimber on paper but have shot it at some short range (200 yards) steel. I gotta say that the Kimber Montana in .223 is probably about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I am impressed with the overall package enough that if it ends up not shooting well, I'll just keep it and have it rebarreled.

I am extremely impressed with the XWR. I have spent a bunch more money on rifles that would not shoot nearly as well. Here is the thread I posted about the XWR. Note that the group shown is a 10 shot group. I'd venture to say that not many factory hunting weight rifles will do this…

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ntana_Rifle_Company_XWR_Rang#Post9645294

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14