Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I have in my safe both the MRC XWR .308 and Kimber Montana .223. Unfortunately neither one is mine! I bought the XWR for my son-in-law and the Kimber Montana .223 for my wife.

Fortunately, I have shot both.

I haven't put the Kimber on paper but have shot it at some short range (200 yards) steel. I gotta say that the Kimber Montana in .223 is probably about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I am impressed with the overall package enough that if it ends up not shooting well, I'll just keep it and have it rebarreled.

I am extremely impressed with the XWR. I have spent a bunch more money on rifles that would not shoot nearly as well. Here is the thread I posted about the XWR. Note that the group shown is a 10 shot group. I'd venture to say that not many factory hunting weight rifles will do this…

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ntana_Rifle_Company_XWR_Rang#Post9645294

John

Damn good shooting John. I have a 9.3x62mm that will shoot like that on any given day. Are you thinking about keeping that MRC and giving your son in law a different rifle now?? grin. I'd hang on to that sombeesh!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA