Thanks for your many years of fine work! And there actually is a question here.

As to "affordable reloading", I think I paid about $7 for a medium sized, quite dusty, mystery box weighing about 50# at an estate auction. The auctioneer was being cute. But the departed had been an avid shooter and I guessed that even if it was just lead, such a heavy box had to contain at least $7 worth of good. Inside was a disassembled (but OK) Rock Chucker press and about 1,500 vintage 1960's Nosler, Speer, and Hornady bullets, most in unopened boxes. Not bad!

Maybe 500 bullets were various 30 caliber bullets which kept me in cheap plinking ammo for several years and the rest were 100, 117, and 120 grain 25 caliber rifle rounds. I did not then own anything in 25 caliber and those bullets kept nagging at me as having a crying need to be shot!

So, as you might guess, maybe 10 years later, a few weeks ago I journeyed in a blizzard to another estate (gun) auction in a small farming town. Judging by the price tags on gunshow tables at least, I got a bidding better than BOGO on a pair of uncut, untapped, and unswiveled 1899s in 25 caliber that cleaned up real nice. One is an A in 25-36 (1910) complete with a Lyman 1A and #5 Combination globe sights (special order) and the other is F (a take-down) in 250-3000 (1921) with standard sights. Did I mention Lyman dies at $6 per set?

Anyway, you can imagine how excited I was at finally being able to cash in my $7 investment (less press) investment in 25 caliber bullets.

The 25-35 shoots beautifully, albeit anemically, with all the several versions in my inventory. But much to my chagrin, the 250 will make a thumbnail group just starting to keyhole at 50 yards and prints oblong holes about improved cylinder at 100. 100 Grain Nosler Solid Bases almost make round holes at 50 yards but still upset by 100.

Anyway, only after swearing at the targets did I recall your comments about twist rates in the early 250-3000's. Mine truly is about 1 in 14" while the 25-35 (which handles even the 120 grain just fine) is probably > 1 in 10". I guess I gotta buy some #!&%% lighter weight (but much more expensive) 25 caliber bullets for the 250-3000.

So, my question: What bullet do you recommend as stabilizing well in a slow twist 250-3000? Ideally, it will be accurate, tough enough for a White Tail, and CHEAP!