My suggestions to the OP have been made, if you paid attention to more than your fantasies.

As for the work done on your DE, the gun was shot loose from over pressure loads and general abuse before it went for help and there was a ton done to it that you never got charged (or paid) for. You know this, but you're not going to admit it.

Your opinions of RIAs vs fact are well noted here; Bluedreaux's recent thread about the Tactical review is a prime example.

Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman

My RIA 10mm is a better pistol than my Colt Delta Elite was. And is a darned fine piece.

I have heard, via this forum, that RIA QC seems to have dropped off though. They may not be the gems that mine from a year or more ago is.

But even if a 9mm/22TCM RIA needed some polishing to be perfect, the fun factor and ease of shooting plus low cost of shooting and owning would still be way up there IMO.

You're full of it.

There's NO way an RIA is or was a better piece than a Delta was, especially after you got all manner of work done to the Delta (for free or cheap, because you were "sick/dying").

The dude didn't ask what f'ked up pipe dream you might be having in regard to fantasies about "punching armor" or "SHTF, briefcase carrying multiple handguns" or "covering your wife as she fetches water". The OP actually has a concept of reality and is asking about handguns he can use and use well.

JRH custom guns gave me no price break on re barreleing that Delta Elite that was way to loose fitting in the barrel lugs. Something that Jack Huntington (who knows a thing or two about 1911's) said was common to DE's. And my Colt nor other 1911's I have had have not shot two full magazines worth of ammo into 1.75 inches at 25 yards like the RIA has.

But far more important, how about just sharing your thoughts about what a fun option would be for a pistol and not denegrade or put down another man's ideas. I have my opinions based upon owning and shooting lots of handguns over a now 40 year span and you have yours. We are both entitled to these. The OP can take or leave any suggestions he likes. I have never done this to you or one of your posts or ideas.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.