Originally Posted by TDC
Thanks, both of those are nice. I am going to look around locally and see if I can get my hands on one.

Anyone have any comments on .22wmr in S&W?

I would not waste my time looking too hard...finding one of these in a gun shop locally is about lucking out on a gas station bought scratch ticket... That -3 is a very nice gun. Not sure what your budget is but it will probably be in the $600s...just a couple of years ago they were in the $400s. They are not only fun to shoot but a good investment.

The S&W Model 48 is the exact same gun but in .22 Magnum. I have two, one 4" and the other an 8 3/8" both with extra .22 Long Rifle cylinders. I also have one Model 18 with a fitted Model 48 cylinder so it also shoots .22 LR and Magnum...

Only drawback to the Magnums is that some will have sticky extraction. Lately for some reason all of mine have been running very smoothly. The other thing is to keep a tooth brush handy and clean the unburned powder out from under the extractor star every few cylinder full. The Magnum powder granules will sometimes build up under the star and rotation gets slow..no big deal...

Some of mine...

The 18 with the extra Magnum cylinder...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

48 8 3/8"...

[Linked Image]

48 4" with both cylinders...

[Linked Image]

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....