Originally Posted by gunscrew
I started hunting grouse 50+ years ago here in western , N. C. I have noticed a definite cycle down, down, down, In my early years plenty of grouse wouldn't consider traveling to hunt , zero Turkey population, Turkey introduced now almost zero grouse population . Started hunting U P and Wis. before I saw any Turkey' Grouse hunting great, started seeing turkey Grouse flushes down about 1/2. Just my what I've seen in past 50 years in areas I've hunted. So here I am with the best dogs I've ever owned and no birds to hunt!

Interesting. I've never hunted NC or even been there for that matter, but I have read about some good Mt streams for fly fishing for trout. I'm not bashing you, I just can't see it being turkeys, but I'm no wildlife biologist or anything. Like one of my previous posts and the gentlemans post right before mine that lives in northern pa. Mts Stated we have huge grouse populations as well as huge turkey populations coexisting in exact same areas and both birds numbers are terrific and have been for along time. I can tell you how many times I had 20 to 30 grouse flushes a day in many different areas two years ago and going back the last decade in Allegany Mts areas. 2g and 2f have been incredible areas to hunt grouse and turkey.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"