Aleutian Island Waterfowlers is the outfit. And I'm pretty psyched already, thanks. Amongst my waterfowling buddies here, there are about 300 collective years of duck hunting locally. Know how many kings out of those years have been taken? ONE. As such, I figured I'd have to travel if I wanted one for the collection. And so it shall be. wink

I've read about the straw and mud decoys used by natives, but my experiences over the years have all been with wood and plastic (fancy shcmancy! wink ). And a few dead birds too, but anyway I'm pretty sure the PEI/CAN limit on black ducks is two, double our one bird limit and that of Maine and NH as well. Also, if I'm not mistaken they still allow the use of sink boxes up there in Canada. Sounds like a great trip, but being that the black duck is a native duck here and seen all over, I'd not travel anywhere to specifically hunt them, except as an aside to chasing other species. Love to hear about your trip when back, and if passing through here en route, let me know.

Thanks for the woodie box link as well, friend.