The latest:

ICE UNFREEZES RULE THAT AFFECTS HUNTERS GOING ABROAD . . . U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) appears to have started enforcing a three-year old regulation that could have a serious impact on the hunting community. Under a requirement that has not been enforced since it was imposed in 2012, Americans travelling overseas with a firearm must file paperwork using the government's Automated Export System (AES) to register the "temporary export" of any firearm. The problem, which NSSF was the first to flag back in 2012, is that individual hunters cannot become certified by AES in order to file the necessary paperwork and obtain the required documentation that Customs is now requiring at the port of departure. With no national security purpose underlying this long-dormant requirement, NSSF is working toward a repeal of the regulation and will discuss the major concerns with State Department officials during a meeting this week.

I certainly hope that the NSSF can get this nonsense reversed....I'm more than just a little disappointed with the NRA and their concern/handling of this issue.....I guess AR15s matter more than hunter's firearms nowadays.

Last edited by 16gauge; 03/23/15.

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"