I'm looking to buy/build an AR that will end my desire for an accurate .223/5.56.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Money is always a consideration, but I'm not looking to skimp. I would like to keep the cost under 2500, excluding glass, but lower if possible. Accuracy trumps all of my desires, but have no time to hand load. I'm looking to shoot factory match ammo to around 300 yards with setup that will outshoot me.

My preference, if only for simplicity reasons, would be to purchase a completed rifle from a company like JP so I don't have to deal with making one from pieces. Some say that's a gross waste of money (it's about 3500 for their billet receiver model, target stock, etc.). If you suggest building one (or having it built), what/who would you recommend? Would a gunsmith be necessary? Where on the gun should money be saved, and where should it not be spared?

I've shopped around a bit and listened to a lot of talk. Everyone seems to have a different opinion - all with equal conviction - which is not helpful. Please post some fact-based or experience-based advice here, I'd be grateful.

Thank you