Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If you want to buy the most accurate AR15 in .223, and your budget is under $2500, Les Baer is the way to go. My Les Baer Super Varmint will shoot 1/4" 5-shot groups all day long! It's not only the most accurate AR-15 I own, it's the most accurate Rifle I own.
My choice for a lower priced Accurate Factory AR would be one if the Rock River heavy barrel models. JMO, though. For whatever it's worth.

LB SV without the PRS stock option is $2640. He's a reassuring man to talk to - not to mention the .5 MOA guarantee (which he says he NEVER has anyone return guns over). He also says his the gun will do two .25 MOA 5-shot groups back to back. Not saying I can do that. Said 1:9 20" will spit 69-grain Fed Gold Match out to 900 yards. He said having them build the entire gun will help ensure accuracy, since they hand-fit everything. Are you gunnin just the upper? What ammo?

Only an idiot would shoot 69s at 900 yards. I wont' even shoot em at 300 anymore since there are much better bullets.

I've shot 69s at 600 before.. it ain't fun. At 900 it would be a waste of time.

Building the entire gun does help just a tiny bit. On the order of about 0.10 group size less at 300 yards on 10 shot groups.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....