Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by TheKuskokid
The Remington when fully worked over is made to be as close to perfect as possible, whereas the custom is already perfect from the factory.

Or is supposed to be.

I've read right here that even custom actions, from time to time, need a touch up on the receiver face, although much less likely. In the tactical rifle builder circles, there is a guy name Mike Rescigno, owner of Tactical Operations, who builds rifles that are considered by many to be the most accurate tactical rifle made today. Many articles have been written about the extreme accuracy of his Tango 51. His rifles are guarantied to shoot 1/4" groups at 100 yrds using factory Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. Mike uses 700 actions and Krieger barrels. One of the things that Mike believes to contribute to the accuracy of his rifles is to "remove as much influence as possible the receiver has on a build...". He also believes that using absolutely min spec chamber reamers yields a more accurate rifle too.

[u][color:#000099][size:11pt]LINK[/size][/color][/u]

RD,
I'll have to raise the BS flag on this guarantee. It won't happen! You'd be surprised how many people would believe that.

Butch, I take no offense to you or anyone else raising the BS flag. After all, I'm not the one making the claim. I guess I've have to make my point a little clearer, in that Mike builds one of the most accurate tactical rifles available today and many agree that he does as well. He uses 700 actions and that was my point, that a 700 can be made to shoot as accurately as anything out there, but more importantly, 700's also don't need to be completely rebuilt to achieve superb accuracy either.

Here is a little back and forth about his rifles, and the last post in the thread speaks to his accuracy claims. It was written by the owner of SH.

[u][size:14pt][color:#000099]LowLight[/color][/size][/u]