I’ve decided to go all in on the custom action. I talked to The guy at peirce engineering on the phone and I think we have a good plan started. The 1-11.25” bartlien was what they recomended for 155-175 match kings.

I am not planning on hunting with this rifle. I want something very accurate, and consistantly accurate. It will be for punching steel at varied distances and shooting tiny little groups in paper. I probably won’t do any competition but would never count it out.

The originaly rifle was actually shot very little, but it wasn’t done right from the start. The action wasn’t trued, they just turned down the recoil lug to fit in the tube chassis and went from there. I sold the barreled action to a guy looking for a tactical/hunter, it should fit him better.

My current plan is to have pierce screw on this bartlien barrel and chamber it with a no turn neck 308, throated for 155-175gr match kings with a COL of 2.85” to fit the magazine with a little spare room. Thread the end for a suppressor and send it back to me. I already pinned the scope rail and just need to screw it all together once it gets here.

Thanks for the insights guys.