Here it is two months later and with numerous trips to the range along with the same number of emails, back and forth with Veral Smith, I found my load.

47 (2200 fps), 48 (2210) and 49 (2258) gr of Varget. CCI 200 though I might still test some other primers to see if I can reduce ES and SD.

Water quenched WW that are sized within 1-3 hours of dropping in water. Seems the BHN is not so hard if sized soon after quenched. They're 25-30 BHN days later but if sized/lubed within a few hours they are only in the 12-15 range. I crimp on 9.3mm Gator Checks when sizing. A custom Buffalo Arms .365" Lyman sizer die is used and the bullets come out .367" to .3675". Seems that at .367" the bullets expand the neck enough that chambering is tight; custom reamer I guess. I called Buffalo Arms yesterday and ordered a .364" sizer die to, hopefully, come out with a .366" bullet and hopefully make chambering of a loaded round a bit easier.

After charging the cases, I use some Ballistic Products #47 Buffer...... http://www.ballisticproducts.com/BPI-Mix-47-Buffer-jar_500cc/productinfo/MIX47/ ......and fill the empty space to about 1/2 up the neck. Without the buffer, I get about 2050 fps. With buffer I get 2200. I also tried no crimp vs a slight crimp using the Redding seater die to apply the crimp. Accuracy was better with the crimp and with the buffer.

I tested these this past Saturday at 50 yds and had the following groups. Take out the 1 called flyer and each group, at 100 yds, for 5-shots, would be .8 moa.

[Linked Image]

Next up is a gallon milk jug test a various ranges to determine my max effective range.

One other issue which could be HUGE. All this time, i've been single loading while testing. I attempted to run several magazine full tests on Saturday and the rifle does not like to feed this bullet from the mag well. With 250 Accubonds, it's nearly perfect except the 1st of 5 rounds out of the mag does NOT want to come out of the mag and chamber. If I seat the LBT's .1" deeper things are better but not enough to trust to save my life against a gnarly grizz.

Alan

Last edited by GSSP; 04/03/15.