Originally Posted by jorgeI
Very cool jet for sure, Pete. If I recall, the Buccaneer had a rotary bomb bay as well. Loved the video. Even in my slow Viking, we could routinely kick Aegis Cruiser ass. Just keep below the radar horizon, pick them up outside missile range, drop to the deck, pop up at 60NM or so for target refinement then Harpoon release~50NM, way before they got any radar paint on us. Anyway, great video of a VERY COOL jet!.

I think they did have the rotary bomb bays..

That form of attack works well as the RN found out to their cost during the Falklands War..We were just plain lucky that the Junta made their move before their air force had a decent inventory of Exocets or the planes to equipped to fire them.

Was reading an interesting account the other day speculating whether the Chileans allowed Nimrods and/or Canberra PR9's to operate from Chilean airfields. We gave them a couple PR9's at the end of the war for buttons so I tend to think we were saying "Thank You" for something tangible.

I know we did supply them with a powerful ground based radar and trained them how to operate it, and in return, they provided virtually real time info on raids departing from the Argentina's southern airfields...maybe in a few more years, the rest of the story will come out...