Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Lincoln was the Obama of his age.

Lincoln did everything for the Negro citizenship that Obama is trying to do with the illegal alien citizenship.

Up until that time the Negro had no standing in this country... as bad it it may disappoint some here, the sellers (North) and buyers (South) of slaves were not in the wrong, neither lawfully nor Biblically.

Wow, the ignorance is strong with this one. The issue of immigration has nothing whatsoever to do with the issues presented with the positive good school argument for chattel slavery. There is no doubt that Obama wants an open border because he wants to destroy this country, but the issue of open borders was not at all present in the Civil War. The issue then was whose understanding of the Constitution and its genuine principles was the correct one. Obama might agree with the outcome of the war, but in their denial of the moral authority of the premises of the Founders, Obama and Calhoun stand on exactly the same ground.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.