Originally Posted by safariman
The last two weeks my transplant co-ordinating Nurse has been ending our conversations with "Look both ways and DON'T get a cold!" Upon my questioning this she goes on to tell me that if I am even a little bit sick or have a fever they will not attempt an already risky 6 hour surgery. And this place schedules WAY out.

Some of my family is already in Seattle, flight reservations of other family members have been made and purchased, Sheri has approval for a 30 day leave of absence which just started, and I am SO ready to get these ginormous, Cyst packed and now failed kidneys OUT....

And get rid of so many nasty effects of Kidney failure. Start getting my energy and life back.

But I have come down with a lousy sore throat! Can barely swallow except by straining VERY hard to do so. Have a fever that makes me feel like I have a fresh sunburn on my face, not good at all. Worst possible timing here.

My cousin/kidney donor suggested that I start drinking hot Slippery Elm bark tea with unfiltered honey, lemon and Cayenne pepper in it and I am trying to sip some of that concoction down as I type. Also gargling it. But I am curious if anyone else has heard this recipe, and what are your favorite ways to knock out something like this really quick.

I also would love a prayer or two over this. Ordinarily I would not request my friends here to pray over a mere sore throat, but with this one the stakes are pretty high.

We had planned to head for Seattle today, but decided another day of rest and eating really well was a wise choice. My pre op appointments begin on Monday morning. I am also taking lots of high potency vitamins with emphasis on Vitamin C.

Thank you in advance for the ideas and especially for the prayers!

Mark

Luck to you. Don't want to catch what can be caught in a hospital.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~