Gents,

I purchased a Canon A1 circa 1979 and used it through say 2006. I'd say I got my money's worth.

I've been using a Canon T2i for several years ( bought it new when it first came out).

Recently my interest in photography has been rekindled. I've upgraded my lenses rather than the body. My kit includes the

Canon EF 17-40 1:4 L USM (workhorse)
Canon Macro EF 100 1;2.8
Canon EF 70-200 1:4 L IS
Canon EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS
Tamron 150-600 F/5-6.3

I'm not a pro. My photos are for my own enjoyment. However I do get a kick out of posting pix on different websites and forums.

A couple of old bromides,
1 the memory of poor quality or service lingers long after the joy of low price fades
2 How often have you been sorry that you went first class?
and last but not least
3 A fool and his money are soon parted.LOL

I shoot in RAW mostly these days and touch up images with Canon DPP. I purchased Lightroom 5 a while back, but do not use it on a regular basis. My computer has more than 8 gig of Ram and my OS is windows 8.

Don't do fast action sports photography, nor much "low light" stuff. I'm afield anywhere up to 80 days a year and always have a camera. Wildlife and "stills" on a tripod mainly.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
the above was hand-held with the Tamron, I was surprised how well it turned out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A nephew shoots a 5D MK III. I had thought about upgrading to this full frame body, but have been waiting for Canon's latest release, and now it is here.

So here is a question from someone that is relatively ignorant to the principles and technical jargon in regards to photography and DSLR's.

Given the foregoing, what are reasons pro/con in regards to investing in the new 5DS R.

and if not, what Canon Upgrade would you suggest?

Thanx in advance,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/17/15.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.