Ray,

Either you've been reading my mind or my mail.

I'm purchasing the 7D Mk2. If I decide I need something more I'll cross that bridge at that time.

TexasPhotog, as I mentioned above, I'm purchasing the 7D MK2. As to the computer. I'm running an Asus Republic of Gamers, Core i7,NVIDIA Geforce STX card, 12 megs of ram, 250gig solid state "C" drive, 500 gig D drive, and a terrabyte external. Nothing yet has bogged unit down.
From my limited perspective, after quite a bit of study over the last week, I do believe the 7D Mk 2 is what will serve me best.

1 Minute.

The Roadrunner in the tree was a serendipity. In Texas there is very little public land. Being afield is my obsession. I love to get into an open air deer stand that is near the apex of one of the tallest hills on our lease. I love to get there about an hour to 30 minutes before the first inkling of brightening in the eastern sky.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I can see to the horizon for about 200 degrees of the compass.

I go to my lease once a month. Many times I'm by myself and when by myself I try to run a cold camp and make as little commotion as possible.

The roadrunner on the ground is a live wild bird. I've taken to calling him "Scraps". He will show up when I'm cleaning a turkey or hog. I make sure he always has some meat scraps to eat. I get a kick out of watching him.

The three pix below of "Scraps" were taken last December. It was my birhtday and I had shot a tom turkey a couple hours earlier.

[Linked Image]

As long as there is not too much commotion he will just about always show up for a meal whenever I've got a critter on the skinning rack.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm heading back up this weekend. I've got one more turkey tag and will try to perforate a porker or two. Maybe Scraps will pay a visit, Quien Sabe?

JAPPF,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/21/15.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.