Well, I have found out, the 162 A-max is kind of a pain to get to shoot, but I found an accurate load, even though the velocity is low. The sierras are much easier to find an accurate load and I think I'll end up going to the gameking just because I can't get the velocity of a 7mm rem with accuracy with the A-max
That is a 38 special case
[Linked Image]
But I should just be happy with the velocity with this type of accuracy. I develop loads with 4 shots just in case I pull a shot, as I did here.

I went out to the long range and it was gusting on and off 20mph swirling crosswinds. I set gallon jugs at 300, 400, 500, and 600 yards (holdover's end at 600 yards). Sighted in the Votex hold over reticle at 200 yards. 1 shot at 300 yards = exploded jug, 2nd shot at 400 yards = exploded jug, 3rd shot, 500 yards = exploded jug. 4 & 5 shot @ 600 yards = barely missed to right, adjusted 1 click left and 6th shot = dead center and exploded jug at 600 yards.
I'm feeling good about the rifle and scope, but I am finding it difficult to get 7mm mag velocities out of this tikka using H-1000 and H4831. I am seating bullets out to 3.340 just like every other magnum based off the h&h case. I see no reason to seat to a COL of 2.9 when the magazine allows regular magnum length and 2.9 leaves TONS of freebore.

Last edited by Gohip2000; 04/18/15.