IndyCA35;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you well.

Way back when in dinosaur times there used to be a Canadian firm that made ammunition for center fire rifles - CIL Industries Imperial line.

They made 110gr ammo for the .30-06 and somehow the initial box I shot up must have made a positive impression on me because when the company closed it's doors for good and sold off the components I bought "a whole lot" of those 110gr bullets.

If memory serves I loaded them in a .308 carbine, the same '06 and a .308 Norma. I'd have to look up the resulting velocities, but foggy memory seems to tell me that I couldn't get the 110gr bullets going any faster than say a 125gr Ballistic Tip or 130gr Speer HP.

I hunted coyotes a fair bit back in those days - early '90's this would be - and try as I might I could not get the 110gr load to hit stuff far away.

They'd group fine at 100yds but if we stretched it much at all misses were more common than hits. I went back to shooting 165gr Hornady BT in that particular .308 Norma and made a few hits on targets far enough away that neither I nor the witness will mention it today for fear of being branded stretchers of the truth. wink

Anyway I wish the medicine line wasn't in our way as I've likely still got a couple hundred of the 110gr Imperial bullets someplace.

I ended up shooting many of them with 8gr of 231 in that '06 for a grouse shooting/horse training load too now that I think of it.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there tonight sir. Good luck with your light .30 cal bullets whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"