I'm home currently. Storm kind of took the wind out of me. When I saw the trees down the next morning I just got this feeling we were real lucky.
My story, Ed's place has an outside covered cooking area. Miles and Ed added a 20 x 30 tarp to the end of that. Pat put up his canopy next to the tarp. We were all watching the storm approach on I phone radar. Now understand, we had dinner out, cooked and ready to dig in. Puff of wind, so I started putting stuff up cause we all knew it would be windy. Next instance all heck broke loose. I didn't even hear a tree fall. Just this big rush of wind. Tarp of course broke the poles holding it up so it started beating me on the head, I grabbed the tarp and said to my self I think I'll go over to the house porch and walked over to that area. Several were already on it. That's when I saw the down tree on the house. The ladies had saved some of the dinner food, so the whole group met inside Ed's house and ate under Coleman lantern light. Then I went and crawled into my Jeep and went to sleep. My canopy was no longer in the same shape it started, seems a big tall TV antenna fell on it. Tent/cot made it but was kind of wet. So the reason for sleeping in the Jeep. The Jeep is 1 1/2 foot to short and hard floor too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~