Originally Posted by Sponxx
It was indeed a blessing that no one got hurt!
Ed and Barbara were so kind that they had offered us to stay in the barnhouse with the kids, so that pitching a tent in the rain at night wouldn't be a problem.
We got there and it was sprinkling as we unloaded the car, 2 kids out and I saw the transformer far out sparkle and then explode... lights out and someone somehwere turned on the wind turbine.

It was puring sideways and Randy commented "they are getting wet out there with wind like this"... I'm sure those who helped us unpack were glad to be in the barn and not departing with Miles and Curdog

I had to go and unload the little one still strapped inside the car and got her back.
Kids were more concerned about the bugs chasing them because of the flashlights than the thunder, rain and wind.

They enjoyed jumping in the puddles the following days, as well as climbing in fallen trees, roasting marshmellows, sleeping baags on the carpet, watching muzzleloading guns as old as their owners :D, eating bacon, playing with dogs, horses, guns, riding the haystack tram and the Kubota UTV, they even "helped" clear the downed tree obstructing the way to the shooting range, but I am sure the high for them was not having to take a bath for 3 days! (Denisthewindsock: we had a bathroom, but no water)

Everyone was wonderful and helpful, enjoying time with friends and making the best of it and having a great time. Can't wait for the April polar vortex and snowman shooting competition Ed will have to arrange for next year.

Storms like this are scary for adults, but on the bright side those kids will fondly remember this family experience! grin (

(I can see it now: "Make another storm, Daddy!" wink

Really glad nobody was hurt!

John