Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
The CZ 550 factory trigger I replaced was working fine until I broke the MIM part. I don't know about shipping to Canada, but would be willing to send the OP this unit. He could replace the broken part from his trigger. This one has a good pull with the set feature dialed out.

This may be an option if he gets no satisfaction from CZ. His trigger may just need some adjusting, but my offer stands.

DF

[Linked Image]

I hate MIM.

I've read that MIM parts have 95% of the density of real steel, but experience shows that there are potential flaws that often go undetected and can lead to failure. Magnafluxing or a similar process could probably detect the flaws, but it's unlikely to be done on a part made so as to save money. The adjustable sight on a Kimber Target II I bought for my son snapped off at the top of the dovetail, and as it was apparently pressed into place by a hydraulic press, had to go back to the factory. DF's trigger problem could have gotten somebody killed.

Kahr uses MIMed slide stops for their lower-grade pistols, but increases the diameter to compensate for the weaker material.

What fresh Hell is this?