Interesting I have no clue on impact speed, 225 OLD barnes X, the ones that failed all the time... at 802 yards twice on a caribou, 338 win mag. Start around 2700 iirc.

Anyway expansion on both.

The interesting part is that folks that don't bowhunt, often don't see a lot of things, and don't realize that animals take time to die. And if not hit really well, they can take a lot longer to die than you think.

There is a REASON its suggested you wait before trailing an animal...

I watched a liver shot buck I shot, and hit to far back, bed up behind me and take almost 15 minutes to die... Brush was such, and he was so close to me when he bedded, I could do nothing at all but wait. Which I wisely did.

I shoot a lot of game CNS. Then get down out of stand with backpack, dog etc... and head on over to verify... It takes a few minutes needless to say. Its fairly common that htough the animal has never moved really, the heart is still in its last beats and pumping blood at that time until the blood is gone.

I'm also of the 2 hole theory. 2 holes better than one. Both in good vitals even better. If you don't want to trail or make yourself feel better that if they fall right over and are 'DRT' then shoot CNS.

Lets just say I've likely shot more deer by far with a gun than a bow, and I've taken over 100 head of big game with a bow when I quit counting in the 90s...

BTW I quit watching the video when you passed a pretty much perfect broadside shot while monkeying with the camera. I'm ok with filming, but when you start passing closer better shots due to camera not being ready, I'm outta here.

Most folks that come up with these thoughts, should probably be shooting ballistic tips and take whatever, if any, failures they might provide.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....