I posted that note about Dunns over on RFC, after I ordered and received mine. You cannot really compare the old 452 and 453 to current 455 guns. The finish details and QC did vary over time with the 452 as it does IMHO for the entire CZ line. The 453 is the best of the best, for CZ rimfire, IMHO.

The 455 is a whole different gun. Not to say bad, just not a 452/453 old world classic. The 455 is less cost to build. A less rigid a gun with an ill conceived switch barrel system and switch magazine system. Ugly plastic spacer to allow 22mag & 22LR magazine switching. The bolt does not guide in as well with that 'extra' locking lug removed. As a different gun, it has its fans who either dont know or care about the old discontinued 452 or they really want a platform to customize. It is very easy to swap barrels with after market. Unfortunately the dud 455 barrel seems to turn up pretty often. The crown is primary problem. Well bore and chamber on occasion. On the plus side, a good barrel can be locktite in for the long haul. Over torque on the barrel attach can bend the action. It is very easy to dump $1000 into a $400 cz and end up with a gun worth $400. IMHO. One of my buddies has one, he is happy. Opinions vary.

Well, 453 has set trigger and hi gloss blue on well polished steel. My trigger lets go at 2.25 pounds unset and 1 pound set. I never adjusted it. The barrel has a contour profile just like a big rifle (unlike 455). Mine is very accurate. The 453's have a recess match type crown (unlike the 455).

The safety works off the bolt, just like 98 Mauser or Winchester 70. It is 100% positive and another old world feature. I like it fine and prefer backwards over locking the trigger. This directly locks the firing pin. A fair criticism or point to consider.

My only gripe is the issues mounting a scope. Most 452 and all 455 use European std 11mm tip off groove. There are solutions with several rings and bases. Research required. The 453 uses 3/8 USA size tip off, BUT it is NOT standard. So again, there are numerous solutions, but not easy peasy like Marlin or Ruger. What CZ should do with the new 455 is drill and tap for a Weaver style base. CZ offers both size rings for those not wanting to do the research. There are several weaver scope rail solutions, just take a little digging to find them. And CZ sells a base. DIP has a better one. J&P has another base. Some rings fit well right on the groove. I had a Weaver 12 base and scope on my Ruger American, same day - done. After a month I am still considering the features and benefits of the numerous options for the CZ.

Last edited by fourbore; 05/25/15.