It seems the vet must have relieved the pressure. We didn't see anyhing when we dug a spot out in the sole,but in three days the mule is getting better and better..

There is no dry ground around. It has been raining for a month stright now and weather forecast is for thunder storms for the next week.

I could lock them up in a stall with mats and fill with shavings, but that is going to get wet fast with urine no matter how many times I muck it out.

I have been letting them out on grass for 1/2 hour twice a day now , mostly because it is only wet and not muddy.

Hoof supplement won't help here. The soles are so soft from all the moisture, the vet figures the mule might have brusied itself,causing the abcess.

Lookslike all is on the mend though,unless he has a set back. I can deal with an abcess,but I was sure worried at first it was founder. The vet says he is treating a lot of that right now because people are just turning their horses out 24/7 without letting them get use to it a little bit more each day.

These mules have tough feet and it is not like I have epidemics of abcesses. This is the 2nd one in 39 years. The one mule is about 18 and never been shoed.The other is 16

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles