I like the compact 7-08 starting with lighter loads to begin working to full strength slowly after several sessions and lots of rounds. If it is too much for her sell it and move down. Use plugs and muffs for practice mixing in a 22 (Ruger American would work best) to encourage good no recoil trigger pull.

You can buy both for the cost of a more expensive average cost rifle and you get a nice plinker in the process. If you go with a longer barrel certainly use shooting sticks to assist her managing weight to be able to stay on target for a longer time.

I have been assisting 2 smaller framed young gals and a 10 year old grandson to become more comfortable shooting hunting rifles. They can all easily manage loaded down 30-06 110 grain loads in a RAR so your gal should be able to do well with a rifle that fits her.

One of the gals is preparing for a competition where she has to shoot a gun capable of taking a cape buffalo. She nailed the target 3 times yesterday with full boat 300 Weatherby 180 grain loads out of my rifle shooting as fast as she could at 70 yards and she just started shooting a few months ago. Good technique and concentration is more effective than extra beef.