Yes Jordan, that's correct.

I had an old 'smith show me how to use the chamfer tool and brass screw.... he used them all the time, and built some very accurate sticks. He had all the "tools", and would use them when building guns. But for a "quick fix"... or to see if the crown was the problem... he went to the brass screw. He would use a cotton ball to make sure there where no burrs on the crown.

There's a reason I haven't bought a "crowning tool" from Brownells.... because I've never needed one. Besides, how can you fhugk-it up? If you do, it was a bad crown anyway.... right? Try it.... if it doesn't work, buy the tool... or send it to the 'smith. Do you take your Prius to the dealership when it needs air in the tires?

I've also watched a benchrest jockey use the same method on a VS .22-250 at the range one day.... it made a world of difference on that gun.

Funny how performance doesn't matter here on the fire. If you do your own work, and your gun shoots well..... you're lucky. But, if you drop $5000 on a GAP or Gradous.... it's ok if it shoots like schitt.... because it was built by a "reputable smith". Ask Drew how that's working out.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......