fredrica,

You are at the MERCY of your means,abilities and comprehension...which is easily amongst THE dirtiest of tricks. Being forced by default,to use yourself as a barometer of evaluation,there are countless things that are squarely IMPOSSIBLE for you,that are mundane and daily occurrences for others. Read that again. Now one more time.

Laffin'!

Cheer up...I've put well over 100 million board feet on the ground too and ain't much fun to try and keep pace with,as your feeble efforts attest.

Now for some reason,I don't feel compelled to apologize for happily lopping off dozens of spouts,to much improve balance/handling. I do very much enjoy the Myths,Wives Tales and Vivid Imaginations that accompany such things and the deep trauma it inflicts on folks who "do" as "much" as you. Feel free to continue to talk out your ass,in regards to the things you "know" the least about.

Imagination and Pretend are priced in sucha way,that even you can afford it and be certain to tell yourself the things you most NEED to hear.

The ONLY thing you are better than anyone at,is eating.

Congratulations?

'S,

Ruger fhuqked the dog,when they offered it in anything other than laminate. FL bedding do help fend inclement weather realities,but living handles are a heavy concession,as compared to dead ones.

We all have 77/22 K-Hornets based offa the S/S Laminate and they've stood the test of time and round count(I've been around over a dozen of 'em). I've multiple 77 K's and even slum a 1st version Blued/Walnut...though it's Teflon coated and chopped short in LOP for kids.

[Linked Image]

Happened to have a couple laminates in my crummy.(grin)

[Linked Image]

My Mainstay K' hasn't seen a brush or a mop in well over 3000rds,though I do swab the chamber now and again as '296 is dirty and a muddy chamber does no favors when forming cases.

[Linked Image]

If Ruger tossed The Baby Whizzum in a plywood handle,it'd certainly sweeten the pot. Buck 'em off at 20" and a guy would REALLY have sumptin'. While I've broken quite a few laminate handles through the years,I'll always take one over Living Wood...though only a McMillan rates a Jolly Roger.(grin)

When McMillan literally broke the mould,it were a sad,sad,sad day.

[Linked Image]

I'd love to see Anschutz crank out a 17 Whizzum Repeater on a 54,wearing a S/S spout.

It'd go into one of my sadly discontinued McMillan T-hole Sillywet handles.

[Linked Image]

Oh what a ride that BAD Bitch would be!

Anywhoo...I found a 26" 308 Winny spout yesterday and mebbe I'll whistle some Skinners through it ala kiss,found pressure and rockin' on,then kickstart the hacksaw to see WTF.

Because I hate 308's,I'll not even use the VLD Deburring Tool on it,I'll go Retro and rock a Ping Pong Ball BC Deburring Tool instead.

Film at 11:00.(grin)

('79 'dendum)

I've ZERO desire to play with steaks 1000 miles from the house,as I've more tags on the kitchen table,than we could ever begin to eat.

I only get 6 months of vacation a year and there's simply not enough hours in the day,to do what I want to do and nobody is gonna out-grind me.

It's rough.(grin)