Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by rost495
I still say most ARs are capable of, its not bad.

The data so far ain't looking like it; the only real "production" gun so far that makes the grade is Fiddy's Stag Varminter..........that gun is guaranteed .5" from the factory& it looks like his measures up.

Scenar Shooters gun in no way, shape, or form resembles a stock AR..........that's a hand built custom by one of the best shops in the country & it's a 6mm, not a .22.

Virtually all of the rest of the stock guns are well over MOA.

Obviously, optics & ammo are other significant variables, besides the shooter..........Scenar Shooter, for example, would shoot well, as would rost495, with anything they were handed, others, probably not so much.

MM

The rules as stated go way beyond what any and I mean any MFG would consider within their accuracy guarantee. Most only guarantee 3 shot groups while a few, state 5 shot group, it doesn't matter if it only produces 1 5 shot group every 3rd or 4th time...

No where that I have found does anyone guarantee a 10 shot group under .5 or even 1 MOA. The industry standard is 3 shots and custom makers usually 5. And that's with the shooter taken out of the picture, no bi-pods or heavy bags.

Mine are not production guns but guns I have assembled myself, I still say they will shoot better than I do, this contest is both the shooter and the gun, those like Pat and Jeff should be extra proud of their guns and their shooting.