Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by RGK
I also went with the Talley lightweights on my Cabela's FN 7mm Mauser supergrade. These are a set of left-over gloss-finished lows that Talley still had around (made for Browning and Winchester). They match the 20 year-old Leupold 3-9X perfectly, and are much lower than the low Talley steels. I think I have the correct set up now for this one, after 2 different sets of mounts and 3 scopes.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Bob, that is one purdy Supergrade and looks real nice with the 20 yr old Leupold. And.. you're right, (mounts) they're lower than the steel low's. How old are they?? I think they may be lower than my newer low lightweights.

These are brand-new Talley lightweight lows, made for Winchester to sell with new M70s as a package. They're gloss-finished and in regular, low height. Talley offered them to me because they had a few sets left over when I mentioned I had a gloss-finished 70. My Leupold has a 40mm objective. Here's a better picture showing the barrel-scope gap and how low the scope is. Mucho better (and lower) than the 6x36mm and Talley steel lows.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 06/03/15.