Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who would you rather have appoint the next Supreme Court Justice, Hillary or __________ GOP?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The Supreme Court is a nursing home for aged lawyers.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Supreme Court is a nursing home for aged lawyers.

Question too difficult to answer?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
No,..it's just that I have no confidence in the SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts could have stopped Obamacare cold.

He didn't.

There's no reason to look to the SCOTUS for any type of conservative relief any longer.

It's just a nursing home.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I can't vote for Paul in the primary. If you think the world is on fire now, wait until he pulls ALL of our troops out of every foreign country.

That fire is never-ending.

The issue that confronts the US is the well that has been used to sprinkle it is nearly tapped.

Let it burn and divert the water closer to home.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The 2nd Amendment needs to be protected, marijuana needs to be legalized and Rand Paul needs to be POTUS.

They all have something in common though...their cheerleaders scare off the fans.

Consider the supporters of Paul on this site and your post becomes a profundity... BTW, I am on record as stating I would vote for (actually AGAINST ANY democrat) Paul if he was the candidate, but those same cheerleaders fail to grasp that concept...

The concept that you fail to grasp is that Romney supporters caused Obamanation's reelection. The liberal press, including Fox News, knew that Romney had zero chance of whipping Obamanation, which is why it duped the gullible in to nominating him.

You haven't learned a thing from the '12 election. Conservatives will not support another neocon/RINO. If the Republican Party nominates a neocon/RINO, Hillary waltzes into the Oval office, not that there's a difference between Democrats and neocons. Both support gun control. Both want a one-world-government thus destroying Ameican sovereignty.

Our neocon/liberal foreign policy of intervention is destroying America and enslaving us. There is nothing in any of our Founding Documents about some nebulous ideal of democratizing the world. Governmental constructs of other countries are none of our effing business. There was a reason why our Founding Fathers admonished us to stay the he!l outta other countries internal affairs. There was a reason way congress made President Washington's Neutrality Act federal law.

If Rand Paul ain't the nominee, who cares who loses for America will lose. We're BK now and neocons want to fight more foreign wars that are none of our effing business and of absolutely no threat to the USA. Neocons & liberals are insane for doing the same thing over & over while expecting a different outcome.

During the '12 election, other Republican presidential candidates, the Republican Party, and Fox News would have rather had Obamanation reelected than Ron Paul elected. I expect that all three will do the same with Rand.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I can't vote for Paul in the primary. If you think the world is on fire now, wait until he pulls ALL of our troops out of every foreign country.

However, if he wins the nomination, I'll have no other choice. I'm not staying home and I;m not voting for a Dem.

Since you're a neocon, I'd bet that you'd fear that the sky'll fall were we to revert to our Founding Fathers and conservatives' policy of nonintervention.

Tell me why you think a neocon in the White House will be better than a Democrat. They agree on every substantive policy including socialized medicine.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No,..it's just that I have no confidence in the SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts could have stopped Obamacare cold.

He didn't.

There's no reason to look to the SCOTUS for any type of conservative relief any longer.

It's just a nursing home.
I have confidence the SCOTUS is not going away and will be impactful in the coming elections. The leaning of their membership is critical.

The Roberts issue is an interesting one. It may not be anything more than his true beliefs, or it may be something that history will have a hayday with. I hope we know sooner than later.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Roberts said it was a tax. Which means it can be voted on without a 2/3 majority.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bristoe: IF... he got the G.O.P. nomination I would indeed vote for him over hillarious - any day!
But he would NOT be my first choice for Republican Presidential nominee.
How about you?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Book it!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
,..if he got the GOP nomination?

It's interesting to me because many say that they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush, Rubio or Paul Ryan.
I would, even though he's not quite his father. Now as regards Bush, Rubio, Ryan, or any of the other neocons who've tossed their hats in the ring, there's question whether I would vote for them in the general. I've gone Third Party before (e.g., 1992, 1996, and 2000), and may well do so again if Rand isn't the nominee.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My point in asking the question is to demonstrate that there's hardly any conservative group that wouldn't vote for Rand Paul in the general election. But the plain fact is, there's a significant percentage of voters, mostly the younger people, who absolutely will not vote for any establishment GOP candidate, but they will vote for Rand Paul.

If the GOP selects Rand Paul, it keeps all of the votes that any other candidate would get plus it gets to add those voters who won't vote for any other GOP candidate.

It's just arithmetic.

In the general election Rand will get everybody who is going to vote Republican regardless of who the GOP candidate is, he'll get the libertarian voters (who won't vote for any other GOP candidate) plus, he'll get a big chunk of the swing vote. (probably more than any other GOP candidate)

I'm not a huge fan of Rand Paul. He plays politics a bit more than I like. But in a general election setting, he can pull more votes than any other GOP candidate out there.

So,...do you want Rand,...or are you ready for 8 more years of Democrats?
Exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If everybody likes him, he won't have any problem getting elected. I think a better question would be...

Who here isn't sending money to Rand Paul?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bristoe: IF... he got the G.O.P. nomination I would indeed vote for him over hillarious - any day!
But he would NOT be my first choice for Republican Presidential nominee.
How about you?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

As I've mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of Rand Paul. I don't think he can save the country. On the other hand, I don't think he'll further injure the country. Most of the candidates outside of Rand want to continue to draw a hard line in the Middle East, including Hillary.

Many Republican voters also are fans of more war in the Middle East. They can come up with all kinds of rationalizations for it, but when you boil it down, it's just that they like America to show force through war. The particulars aren't important to them.

Many in the Democrat camp will overlook Hillary's warmongering ways in order to put a woman in office. Bengrazi has shown the level of her expertise in such matters,...not good.

The current condition of Iraq shows the level of expertise, concerning war, that the GOP warmongers have demonstrated,...not good either.

The national debt is out of control and the wars in the Middle East keep pushing the debt higher.

To keep the country from deteriorating even more, America's participation in the Middle East wars must be ended and a *lot* of emphasis must be placed on the economy and the strength of the dollar.

The damage is very extensive already and we will probably never get back to where we were. But if somebody doesn't genuinely change the course of this country, and very damn soon, the whole thing is going to flip flop

I'd like to see that put off as long as possible.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If everybody likes him, he won't have any problem getting elected.

The election will be decided in the GOP primary.

Rand has a chance to win the general election because of the libertarian vote and the swing vote.

Nobody else in the GOP can get the libertarian vote or as much of the swing vote as Rand.

It's as simple as that.

Rand has a chance,..the others don't.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
,..if he got the GOP nomination?

It's interesting to me because many say that they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush, Rubio or Paul Ryan.

With headlines such as “Rand moves to the left of Hillary” on foreign affairs, Rand is going nowhere in the GOP primaries.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The current path has to change direction, quickly. I fully agree w/ Bristoe's point-Rand could draw enough of the 'on-the-fencers' to get the win. Will the NEOCONS let it happen? Very doubtful.

FJB & FJT
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

With headlines such as “Rand moves to the left of Hillary” .

Hillary has a lot of media.

Hillary's media is scared of Rand.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rand is going nowhere in the GOP primaries.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,129
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.