Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by nomad_archer
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
More wisdom from the state that brought you the politician pushing for this. It is never not so.

Toomey is a dud. I cant wait to have the chance to vote against him again in the primary.

Good luck to you brother. I hope so. The problem is that the whole state of PA has to outvote the thugs in Philly.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Many of you on this site want no gun control, and so would I IF it would work. Problem is it will not. Too many forces against us. So unfortunately compromises are going to have to be made. IF and I do mean IF legislation could be written to keep the nutjobs from getting some guns without effecting the honest gunowner, I could support it.

We already have background checks, in this day of computer technology how hard would it be to throw in the records of mental patients? The question is already asked on the form, why not a means to verify it?

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TwoTrax
Almost all of the mass shootings in this country are committed by someone that is or has been treated for a mental illness. Yet the HIPPA laws prevent any kind of sharing of that data. I would not be opposed to tying those mental health records into the instant background check system if it would keep a few mentally disturbed individuals from getting guns. And in addition, make it a crime with really stiff penalties if anyone were to obtain a gun for them.

A simple commonsense measure such as this should not impact the honest gun owner and may help make it more difficult for the mentally disturbed to get firearms.

I give a FRA what you do in YOUR State,....

Keep your [bleep] nose outta' MY State's business, and we'll be the best of CF Buds.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Many of you on this site want no gun control, and so would I IF it would work. Problem is it will not. Too many forces against us. So unfortunately compromises are going to have to be made. IF and I do mean IF legislation could be written to keep the nutjobs from getting some guns without effecting the honest gunowner, I could support it.

We already have background checks, in this day of computer technology how hard would it be to throw in the records of mental patients? The question is already asked on the form, why not a means to verify it?

You ARE the problem. Totally and completely.

Go away.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The majority of people on this site are like you and do support gun control.

A very few of us do not.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've got some MEANINGFUL GUN CONTROL for ya.

Teach people how to control their guns and let everyone carry.

The next time some crazy jacka$$ decides he's going to murder a whole bunch of people, they're able to protect themselves.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
There should not be ANY background checks for gun purchases. Period. Ever.

Punish those that do evil, leave the vast majority of us the hell alone.

Here here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We don't need any more gun control laws. What we need is politicians who use our resources where they are needed. Money spent on mental health problems instead of welfare leeches. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Safe to say that Manchin, Toomey and the NRA aren't buds anymore... Those two turds used the NRA to get elected/re-elected and then after that they started on gun control. manchin is done, but look for Toomey to switch parties...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're a [bleep] disgrace to the nation, the Constitution, the Second Amendment, that abortion of a state you call home, and especially to the organization in your sig line that you claim to support.

Clear it up any?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Let's get one fact straight. I do NOT support the gun control laws we have now and certainly would prefer no more.

But you internet hero's that talk tough better get your heads out of the sand because if we all adopt your attitudes, we ARE gonna lose BIG.

Life is full of compromise, do I like it, HELL NO. But the deck is stacked against us and we are gonna have to compromise to stay alive in this fight, and the compromises that do not effect the honest legal gun owners, if there is such a thing are the only ones I could support.

I live in the country, a rurual area, but guys wake up! The controlling votes are in the big cities! They control the destiny of this country because they have the votes, and the majority of the time they ain't in our favor.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The compromising will never end.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
TwoTrax, the reasonable gun control laws you have put your faith in just don't fugging work. That has been shown over, and over again. Gun control does NOTHING to promote public safety, and everything to diminish your freedom.
What is so difficult about that concept? Are you so wedded to a polyanna world view that you can't see the chit when it's in front of your face?

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are compromising in the wrong direction. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's get one fact straight. I do NOT support the gun control laws we have now and certainly would prefer no more.

But you internet hero's that talk tough better get your heads out of the sand because if we all adopt your attitudes, we ARE gonna lose BIG.

Life is full of compromise, do I like it, HELL NO. But the deck is stacked against us and we are gonna have to compromise to stay alive in this fight, and the compromises that do not effect the honest legal gun owners, if there is such a thing are the only ones I could support.

I live in the country, a rurual area, but guys wake up! The controlling votes are in the big cities! They control the destiny of this country because they have the votes, and the majority of the time they ain't in our favor.

You'd sell your soul, your mother, your wife, and your children - just as you're attempting to sell your freedoms and your birthrights. You are a [bleep] disgrace.

Fortunately, there are still people that live in FREE states that are not selling out to "compromise" that will continue to defend the freedoms you would give away.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

The ONLY ones it WILL affect are law abiding gun owners.

If gun control works SO well, then show me an instance where it has prevented ANY crimes?

The gun control inner cities where guns are controlled on a local and state level harbor the most violent gun related crimes in the world today.

You can compromise if you want. If you do, then YOU are the problem. The reason we are even in a mess with gun control is that we have compromised so much of our freedom with the 2nd Amendment in the first place.

Get a clue.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 4ager

You're a [bleep] disgrace to the nation, the Constitution, the Second Amendment, that abortion of a state you call home, and especially to the organization in your sig line that you claim to support.

Clear it up any?

Make you feel any better? It is you that best wake up because your attitude ain't gonna get us gun owners anywhere. Talk is cheap and it is a low life type person that resorts to personal attacks rather than debate an issuem

My good old daddy taught me to never argue with an idiot, you qualify. Got it?

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF can the GOP not figure out that most of us want a party of political platforms, not social feel good bull chit. Leave that for the Dems.

Run the fuggin' government, don't try to run my life.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Clear it up any?

Make you feel any better? It is you that best wake up because your attitude ain't gonna get us gun owners anywhere. Talk is cheap and it is a low life type person that resorts to personal attacks rather than debate an issuem

My good old daddy taught me to never argue with an idiot, you qualify. Got it?

Your daddy should have pulled out and shot what became you against the wall. If he taught you to sell out freedoms like this, then the disgrace is genetic (I doubt he did, though).

Your "plan", if it could graciously be called that, has been tried and has failed miserably every time. Study some history, you congenital idiot, and figure it out.

Or, contact that organization you claim to support for their take on the matter.

Thank God there are still free men willing to fight for the freedoms you would give away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
WTF can the GOP not figure out that most of us want a party of political platforms, not social feel good bull chit. Leave that for the Dems.

Run the fuggin' government, don't try to run my life.

You're starting to catch on to the real .gov agenda, huh?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 61 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,951
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.