Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I agree. Violent felons should be kept behind bars with no chance of parole.
No they should be dead

Last edited by ldholton; 06/24/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can live with that easily. Only time a (violent) felon should have a gun is when they are lowering them into dirt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
It's been my observation that the mentally ill basically contaminate and destroy their own family first. Unfortunately the best a family member can commit to a mental health facility is 3 days and then the affected family member is back out. This time they are pissed off mom and dad had me committed.

The bottom line is the best people to do something about a mentally ill person is family and there is no where to get a long term committal that is effective and will hold the person until some relief can be had or the medicine becomes effective. Once the person is out of a 3 day lockup, they are usually not ready to admit they have a problem and will continue with their meds and give recovery a serious attempt.

The end results are the mentally ill and society don't stand a chance to protect themselves until the person commits a crime and is locked up for longer than 3 days. Unfortunately, it will take another look by the SCOTUS at O'Conner vs Donaldson to see if America can get some relief from a very poorly thought out decision.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Connor_v._Donaldson

Reality. Quoted in hopes that somebody GAF.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lots of good stuff has been brought up on this thread,but the vast majority of people lay some where in the middle on gun control. The by god no checks!! no restrictions!! attuide turns many of the middle of the road people off. Maybe some should be helping thing of good and resonable ways to keep away from those who don't need them. The idea of someone is let out of jail is rehabed and good to have a gun is totally unresonably , that ain't the way it works in real life. The [bleep] you it's all or nothing attuide is gonna get just that sooner or later .. nothing. Ok flame suit on tell me how un american I am , bla bla . Common sense seems lacking on both the pro / anti on gun issues

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Re: GOP to push for Gun Control

By in large, America has now assumed the fetal position.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
Lots of good stuff has been brought up on this thread,but the vast majority of people lay some where in the middle on gun control. The by god no checks!! no restrictions!! attuide turns many of the middle of the road people off. Maybe some should be helping thing of good and resonable ways to keep away from those who don't need them. The idea of someone is let out of jail is rehabed and good to have a gun is totally unresonably , that ain't the way it works in real life. The [bleep] you it's all or nothing attuide is gonna get just that sooner or later .. nothing. Ok flame suit on tell me how un american I am , bla bla . Common sense seems lacking on both the pro / anti on gun issues

The "vast majority of people" voted for Obama. I hope they all die. Tonight.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The "vast majority of people" voted for Obama. I hope they all die. Tonight.

I should not have said that. I'm sorry and will pray for forgiveness. I will ask that they be saved also. They are lost souls.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin' Pygmies in New Guinea. Amen

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crap. Did I channel Larry again?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
I gots news for everybody.

If that black dude hadn't been elected the past two terms, the 2nd Amendment would have been damn near dismantled.

Travis

Very astute observation sir.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Traitors exist in the GOP just the democraps are.

Just like back in 1986 when the Republicans did gun owners "a favor" (The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986) and simultaneously ended up freezing the number of full-auto's in circulation. I'm afraid the R's are going to dress up another pig and do us another "favor" with even worse consequences.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by TwoTrax
Let's get one fact straight. I do NOT support the gun control laws we have now and certainly would prefer no more.

But you internet hero's that talk tough better get your heads out of the sand because if we all adopt your attitudes, we ARE gonna lose BIG.

Life is full of compromise, do I like it, HELL NO. But the deck is stacked against us and we are gonna have to compromise to stay alive in this fight, and the compromises that do not effect the honest legal gun owners, if there is such a thing are the only ones I could support.

I live in the country, a rurual area, but guys wake up! The controlling votes are in the big cities! They control the destiny of this country because they have the votes, and the majority of the time they ain't in our favor.

You'd sell your soul, your mother, your wife, and your children - just as you're attempting to sell your freedoms and your birthrights. You are a [bleep] disgrace.

Fortunately, there are still people that live in FREE states that are not selling out to "compromise" that will continue to defend the freedoms you would give away.
a f-u-c-king mend

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.