Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe get with Boyds and have them make a run of stocks for the special Rugers. Might could get them to hog out a little extra wood and shave another 4-8oz off... especially if its only another $75-$100.

If they went:

20-22" Stainless Sporter
Throated and Mag Lengthed to handle 75-80s
Boyd's Prairie Hunter(ish) Stock
Mini-Pic rail like the Predator

And they did it for under $500, I'd order one today

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Need a new skiff gun for trapping season, so yes count me in!

Think they could get these out the door before late fall/winter?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Dog,

The regular T3 comb is a little low for many people as well. The Varmint Tikkler I had was better. And doesn't the CTR have a similar taco as the Varmint?

A bud took 50-cents worth of plastic, heated, bent, and glued to his T3. Quick and easy cheek taco. Looks really good from the side. Only pic I have is below.

Jason

I concur, the Tikka comb is a bit low as well... but generally speaking the stock is superior to the 'merican in both ergos and construction.

The CTR comes with a Taco... but it's in a fixed position and held down by a single screw through the center. I couldn't leave well enough alone... so had a couple wine coolers and pulled it. I put a 3/4" long Round-Head wood screw into the top of the stock half way between the fastener screw and the front of the taco. This allowed me to use the second screw as a height adjustment stop under the front of the cheek piece. The back was allowed to bottom out where it normally does, as there's a pretty steep slope to the comb from the factory. I set the stop where the cheek weld was good, and screwed it back down with the stock fastener screw. Worked great.... until I needed to take the bolt out. A few more spritzers and some Dremel work, and I had the problem licked. Second pic with the bolt released from the action, and free to be removed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heck, since we're talking about Tikkas on a Ruger thread that posed a simple question, why don't we add Remington, Winchester, Savage, Kimber, Mossberg, and all the others?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Heck, since we're talking about Tikkas on a Ruger thread that posed a simple question, why don't we add Remington, Winchester, Savage, Kimber, Mossberg, and all the others?

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
the o.p. has a connection with tikka.

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
True

Etc...

My bad on the rambling with J.....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No, but it wouldn't matter what they did with that Merrican turd.
As far as I'm concerned with Ruger, it's like an episode of "All Things Scottish":
If it's not the 77 action, it's CRAP!!!!

I'm a firm believer in the theory of " If it bleeds, I can kill it".
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd take one in SS.

Brett
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
....was to produce an American Rifle in 22-250 with an 8" twist, how many of you would want one?

Count me in

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Dog,

The regular T3 comb is a little low for many people as well. The Varmint Tikkler I had was better. And doesn't the CTR have a similar taco as the Varmint?

A bud took 50-cents worth of plastic, heated, bent, and glued to his T3. Quick and easy cheek taco. Looks really good from the side. Only pic I have is below.

Jason

I concur, the Tikka comb is a bit low as well... but generally speaking the stock is superior to the 'merican in both ergos and construction.

The CTR comes with a Taco... but it's in a fixed position and held down by a single screw through the center. I couldn't leave well enough alone... so had a couple wine coolers and pulled it. I put a 3/4" long Round-Head wood screw into the top of the stock half way between the fastener screw and the front of the taco. This allowed me to use the second screw as a height adjustment stop under the front of the cheek piece. The back was allowed to bottom out where it normally does, as there's a pretty steep slope to the comb from the factory. I set the stop where the cheek weld was good, and screwed it back down with the stock fastener screw. Worked great.... until I needed to take the bolt out. A few more spritzers and some Dremel work, and I had the problem licked. Second pic with the bolt released from the action, and free to be removed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[u][/u]

And you expect us to pt any credit behind what you say? grin

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nope.... I'm far less than credible....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My bad on the rambling with J.....

I'm guilty of getting this offtrack so my apologies to SAS, but good info on the CTR stock Dog. And I agree about the T3 stock being of higher quality in every way compared to the RAR.

I think a cheap taco would help the RAR comb height, but the stock stock still feels cheap. I actually prefer the milkjug ergos to the Prairie Hunter, but the plywood can be whittled to suit.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Simple answer, yes I would be interested in stainless.

But, they need to either raise the comb or make it interchangeable just like the rimfires.

And a Hawkeye so configured would get my attention much, much quicker.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Checked out an American today...that stock is dismal. Maybe someone like b&c will make a stock in the future...until then, count me out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
normally,I would say yes.
but I have a 22-250 with a 1-10 twist barrel that shoots 62 tsx just fine.
and a 223 1-8 that should work fine with 75 amax and others.(haven't shot it enough to know yet)
Im not sure what the trouble is with the comb.mine fits me just fine.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

SNIP "If we were talking Tikkas in a 1-8" .22-250 for $600-$700.... then I'm in" SNIP.

This.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the OP's question, yes I'd be interested in a 1 in 8" .22-250. Especially if it has a long enough magazine and throat to let you take advantage of heavier bullets.

But since we're asking, how about Ruger chambering the .22-250 AI or one of the .22-243 variants, with that same twist and generous OAL's? smile

And I'd like a Ruger #1V so chambered, too, please.

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
To the OP's question, yes I'd be interested in a 1 in 8" .22-250. Especially if it has a long enough magazine and throat to let you take advantage of heavier bullets.

But since we're asking, how about Ruger chambering the .22-250 AI or one of the .22-243 variants, with that same twist and generous OAL's? smile

And I'd like a Ruger #1V so chambered, too, please.

grin

I can't see Ruger ever making a run of rifles chambered for a wildcat cartridge since there would be too much potential liability for a cartridge not factory loaded to SAAMI pressure specs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Checked out an American today...that stock is dismal. Maybe someone like b&c will make a stock in the future...until then, count me out.

The stocks kinda grow on you. Boyds inlets several different stock styles for the RAR-P. I have two of the Heritage style laminated stocks on my 204 and 223 RAR-Ps.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'm all ears also in SS and one in .243...ScottyO.

Last edited by ScottyO; 07/13/15.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,886
Posts18,518,273
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.