Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This guy is causing a lot of waves for this rant against fat/diet/laziness. Sounds like truth to me and I ain't the pinnacle of health. What say you?

*LANGUAGE WARNING*

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=279&v=JXDEe_bg9lM[/video]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I don't disagree.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Becoming/being/remaining fat is a choice, just like (starting) smoking, IMO. If they haven't already, I would not be opposed to insurers increasing premiums on the fatties out there or at least those deemed clinically obese.

Is there any argument a fat person can make that justifies their current physical state? Perhaps there is something out there that I have not thought of, like some bizarre medical condition, but I doubt it.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Doc told me I was obese - 6'1/2" - 196# (clothed) - and 11" around the wrists. I wear 35" waist Wranglers and 17 1/2 X 37 denim shirts.
The educated idiots must speak.
My main concern is who draws the line defining obesity, mental illness, or any other touchy subject?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good point on the kids.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Doc told me I was obese - 6'1/2" - 196# (clothed) - and 11" around the wrists. I wear 35" waist Wranglers and 17 1/2 X 37 denim shirts.
The educated idiots must speak.
My main concern is who draws the line defining obesity, mental illness, or any other touchy subject?

If you mean each wrist is 11" then you probably have the world's largest wrists.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was thinking that too. Checked mine, and they hit 9 inches. I'm not a small fellow. 6'2", 235.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Good point on the kids.

Yup. If someone doesn't care enough to take care of himself, that's his business. With kids it's not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say he should be more concerned with himself and not worry about others, but he's obviously as into himself as it's possible to get.

He'll have a miserable life.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I attribute the cause of a lot of obesity to laziness and unwillingness to watch what they eat. I had not been paying attention to what I was eating and had gotten up to 311# a few years ago. A morbidly obese guy who had to weigh over 500# told me that once he passed 350# that no matter what he tried he could not lose weight. I decided that was not going to be me, I spent some time with a dietician and by following her advice have lost 50#. I continue to lose and am now within 15# of my goal weight and have set a new goal. I walk 3-4x a day and feel great at 65, my BP and blood sugar have shown improvement since starting daily walks.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good job, I've got to get on the stick as well.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've seen a couple gym rats like that that dropped out after 3 days on a wildland fire. Get them away from all their supplments and protein shakes and they folded up like cheap suits on base camp food.
There probably is some truth in his message though.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't care if someone's a fat roll unless they are a cop, fireman, EMT, school teacher...
If you have kids who see you Dailey and you supposed to be an example, you should look at least healthy.
Ripped isn't possible for some folks. But having a 30+ BMI is killing you.
As well it destroying everyone else's insurance rates.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I bet his boyfriend is happy with his health.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love when virgins make youtube videos.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The extra 30 pounds I'm carrying may stop a bullet.

[bleep] him.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For those that don't read Japanese, his left shoulder reads:

Chingchongdongkongcheechandchongamong.

Translations: Douchebag.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think it's funny how small he is. If you're gonna go on and on about how fit/buff you are, better get some size. He DOES have a point about fat lazy people, though. My daughter is fat. She is fat, because she eats too much. A 4.0 in college, success in the business world after that, and she cannot figure that out.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I didn't listen to the inked up gym rat for very long. He has stupid signs all over his body, cannot communicate without dropping f-bombs, and my vehicles are older than he is, so why should I bother? However, I did read the thread.

Long story shorter, the simple fact of the matter is that if you are like most people (there are exceptions) and eat a lot of refined sugar and carbs, they are going to spike your insulin and make you hungrier than if you had chosen to eat something else. So, it is not a simple equation of calories in and out. I can eat a healthy bowl of oatmeal or a "healthy" muffin for breakfast at 6:30 and by 9:00 be hungry enough to eat the bark off a tree. If I eat equivalent calories in eggs or some walnuts swimming around in butter, I am good till noon or later. So I eat fewer calories in that day. Sometimes I forget to eat if I get busy.

A low carb diet with plenty of non starchy vegetables, a little fruit, meat, and no processed food will make calorie restriction and "moderation" more doable for most people. It kills the cravings after a few weeks. It ain't the easiest way to live.....that would be to eat processed food and fast food like the majority of sick fat people in the country, but for me it beats the low fat diet(which is a disaster), as well as "moderation and will power". I simply cannot consume sugar and refined carbs in moderation and don't think many people can, which is why we have the problem with diabetes and obesity that we do. All processed food is loaded with them and all processed food is concocted by scientists in a lab and laced with chemicals to make you addicted to their products so the big food companies can make their wall street quarterly numbers. Yet we are told to eat right and being fat is all our fault. I call BS.....it is just another way that the public is getting raped by corporations. Leave that crap on the shelf if at all possible. They sell us crap food that we eat for a lifetime which sends us to the medical industry which causes us to have to pay ridiculous insurance rates. Notice a pattern?

If you are fat, materials by Atkins, Weston Price, David Perlmutter, and William Davis are your friend. They are all variations on the same theme....just don't eat any processed crap that they may sell....especially Atkins. Eat whole foods only. The only thing left to say is that if you think you can run or walk enough miles or lift enough weights to make up for a poor diet....well, you can't. Exercise is great but you will simply be a fitter fat person....been there done that.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/23/15.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Didn't listen. The pic screams douchebag loud and clear though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 19 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.