Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yep, I had a buddy who had pretty much the same thing. Now did they re-route you temporarily to a bag or not?

"Zero-G and I feel fine"

Good morning all. The action pretty much played out after 8PM. I guess I'd finally reached orbit. I have slept well.

It was Nick Cave who said "If you look around, complacency is the great disease of your autumn years, and I work hard to prevent that. "

If there is any great knowledge I can impart from this adventure so far it is this: with PEG 3350 there is no such thing as "just a fart," not even 12 hours after ingestion.

[video:youtube]3SnQFznDmq0[/video]

Overall I have to say that this has gone about as good as possible. I have no complaints outside of my posterior and its constant protest of having to sit so long.

My one sad observation is that after this all began last night, there came a point where Pooh, Nosmo, and the rest stayed away. It is pretty bad when even your hallucinations forsake you. I did get visits from my dogs. Lily seemed quite concerned. KYHillChick was a constant source of help and devotion through even the worst. To her goes my highest recommendation. Hillbilly women really do make the best wives, girlfriends and consorts.

LOI (Lunor Orbit Insertion) is at 7:45 Eastern. I must prepare for my visit to the Dark Side of the Moon.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No sir, there was no bag reroute. It was a rather uneventful procedure. Stayed 4 days in the hospital with diet restrictions, then I was good to go. (No pun intended) wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Standing by for confirmation of re-entry and splashdown...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Earth calling the shaman
Earth calling the shaman
Earth calling the shaman
Earth calling the shaman
Earth calling the shaman
Earth calling the shaman

This is the shaman. Three chutes deployed.

Memorable lines from EVA:

Anesthetist (cute): Is there anything I need to know?

the shaman: Like what?

A: Do you have any reaction to anesthesia?

s: I get amorous.

Doc: So are you here for a reason?

s: Like what?

Doc: Are you just here for a check up or did your doctor suspect something specifi.

s: I just came in to use the Men's Room, and things got really out of hand.

Doc (older Brit): Good news. We found quite a bit, but I want to tell you that it was all benign.

s: Like how much? Polyps? Anemone? I hear the urchins are painful.

Doc: You had 13 polyps. That's rather a lot.

s: Do I get a balloon?

Doc (to nurse): Get him out of here!

Splashdown occurred at 1030 Eastern at a Frisch's Big Boy near home. I had only a half hour to eat the breakfast bar, which I did with great gusto. At the 10 minute warning, I went back and filled 3 plates.

The anesthetic is beginning to wear off. All in all I feel fine, but there's places on the inside of me that are crying like schoolgirl. They gave me a color printout. Why, I don't know. I guess if you're really into scrapbooking . . .

I'm going to go to my Airstream trailer and await my call from the President.

Sorry guys. I did not bring you anything from the trip. I figured you were not into these kinds of Moon rocks.

One thing I can tell you all is this: it was not as bad as I conceived. Dysentery and waiting in line at the DMV for a license renewal is much worse. From the sound of it, the doc is going to put me on the frequent flyer plan. Hopefully, I'll keep doing it until I get it right.

Many thanks again to KYHillChick for putting up with me. A lesser woman might have picked up and gone shopping for shoes.

Last edited by shaman; 07/31/15.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nothing like a clean exhaust.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When you retire from space travel, you may officially call your spread "Polyp Farm".

Sorry about the frequent flyer plan. I came up clean on mine and don't need another one until I'm 75 - at which point the outcome will be largely moot anyway.

At least now you know. Which is the whole point of these things.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me be the first to say...

I'm glad things worked out in the end. wink

John

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good things went well, going to be 60 this year, never had a doc suggest one yet.
You made it sound interesting.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpb
Let me be the first to say...

I'm glad things worked out in the end. wink

John

Yea, it sounded like everything came out alright.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Partsman
Good things went well, going to be 60 this year, never had a doc suggest one yet.

Oh, Parts. You sick bastid!
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

S
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Partsman

I'm the first in my family to ever have one. Dad made it past 85. A lot of it is that these things are a LOT easier. One of my best friends had one in the mid-90's and he said it was the most painful thing he'd experienced. This was a guy who'd gone through The Bulge.

Me? I will admit to a wee bit of discomfort here and there. I can tell something happened yesterday, but it's at level of eating popcorn and certainly less than a visit to the local curry parlor. The Doc said something about only using pediatric instruments.

The payoff is that polyps are places where the cells are dividing irregularly-- kind of like skin tags only on the inside. I could go the rest of my life without one turning malignant, but I could also have one go bad tomorrow. My Dad was out in the sun all his life. One day he got a black patch on his nose. A quick trip to the Doc got it cut off. He lived another 5 years and died of something completely different. It's just harder to see on the inside.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My first one was with a sigmoidoscope, and it was indeed extremely painful. Then, because my doc couldn't ram it in far enough, he instructed me to have one of those barium x-ray tests. No fun, either. Five years later, I had a colonoscopy. That was by FAR the least unpleasant.

As I said above, I had not even a polyp, so I am allowed to skip 10 years. When that rolls around, I won't mind it very much at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've had three without any sedation because I am one of the sedaters and it was a busy day; I worked before and afterwards.

It's doable. But not for everybody.

Glad yours went well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Resurrecting this thread out of gratitude for the humor and campfire reckoning that prepared me for my first rodeo this morning.

Here are my takeaways from the process:

1. Gummi Bears are a life hack for "liquid diets"

2. I'm not sure what to think when a "Dr. Benjamin Roy" stares blankly in response to "Thank God, you don't pronounce it like the goalie" ...

3. Nurses in the OR squabbling about what music to play is wrong. I remember asking them about considering "my needs" and maybe playing a little Barry White instead to, you know, make it a little less invasive.

4. When they leave your chart on the post-op gurney, save the drama and read the damn thing yourself. Campfire way.

5. If your significant other is brought to your recovery room, feel free to give her a lap dance while changing out of the blue gown. If they are shy, cover your nipples with the metal tipped pasties left on you from the ER. If/when the nurse enters the room, blame the anesthesiologist. Make sure to have a creative explanation for any number of pasties greater than two sticking to your chest.

6. Can't beat chicken fried steak and eggs with a side of country gravy with fries to get right after a day and a half sans real food.

That's my contribution.

GE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have to admit: I stared blankly at your #2... Not a clue.

And I have to ask: Do Gummy Bears allow you to spout rainbows during the purge?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suppose Gummi Bears would spout rainbows if the kids didn't pick the red and purple ones out of the bag as per prep instructions.

GE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I thought for sure this was going to be a joke about a guy having sex with Rosie O donnell

Har, har !!! laugh

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, you can finally tell people you're not FOS, and not be lyin.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 22250rem, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,262
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.