Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Thanks, Pat. BTW, who IS this bfrs guy?

A complete nutcase from the suburban DC part of WV.

For true elucidation as to his ... issues... just read up on the "still think overpenetration is not an issue" thread.
That's a thread I started with good intentions to just get people thinking and talking on the subject. It went about as sideways as I've ever seen a thread go.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek

For true elucidation as to his ... issues... just read up on the "still think overpenetration is not an issue" thread.
That's a thread I started with good intentions to just get people thinking and talking on the subject. It went about as sideways as I've ever seen a thread go.

Give it time...bfrshooter is just starting to hit the sauce and pills.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bfrshooter

Maybe so, and I admit to being a nut case but nobody has ever made a revolver shoot like I have. None here has killed so many deer either with them.
NO, I do not hunt pigs but why would there be a difference?
Too many internet warriors without experience. Buy the next gun rag to reinforce yourself.
I defer to Whitworth, he Knows more then all of you EXPERTS put together.
If you think you hurt my feelings. It only shows how stupid you are. Many told Einstein he was wrong. Tesla was right about AC, Edison was wrong. What do we have in common? NOTHING at all but I did the work while some of you live a dream word
Some *** said God, do you know how many mistakes I have made? How many years it took? Bow to Allah for wisdom.

You know, Patton was probably the best general of the war, but he always had to take a back seat to someone else. Why, because he was such an arrogant prick that no one wanted to listen to him. As brilliant as he was (and I'm not saying you're brilliant, but I'm sure you think so), he became rather ineffective because he couldn't master diplomacy and basic human interactions.

You bludgeon people with your "facts" and "experience" and then belittle and insult anyone who disagrees with you. That's the mark of someone who's pathologically insecure.

If you could set your insecurity aside and learn to tolerate not being worshiped as the end all authority on all things handgun hunting, you could perhaps find a place for yourself here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...bfrshooter is just starting to hit the sauce and pills.
And he never shares....that's why he has no friends crazy crazy

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek

You know, Patton was probably the best general of the war,

Not even close. AT LEAST there were ten German General Officers that I can think of....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
BTW< boys, I hope this thread has been fun, but I just got back from my lease out in the woods. Took my 41 Mag with really hot loads. Too hot to do anything, so no hogs showed up, but I did shoot some and you know what. I'm good with my 41 Mag...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
BTW< boys, I hope this thread has been fun, but I just got back from my lease out in the woods. Took my 41 Mag with really hot loads. Too hot to do anything, so no hogs showed up, but I did shoot some and you know what. I'm good with my 41 Mag...

Now what in the heck? You give up too easy! smile
Jorge, you will find the 41 Mag will do just about all the killin' that you might need done on most NA gritters.
But, go find a 480 to shoot. Even a SuperRedHawk would work to get a feel of the recoil and shootability of the round.
I bought my 480 SuperRedHawk when they were first introduced, and have shot cast lead bullets ranging from 310gr. to 425gr. The heavier bullets really start to get hard on the wrists due to torque when you push them near max.
350-380gr. LFN or semiwadcutters at 1100-1200 fps. are more comfortable to shoot as an all around load, and will work great.

That's my $.02.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RWE
yeah, but wasn't Dan a chopper pilot?

No, he strapped himself to the rotor head and swung 8' machetes. grin

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
If a heavy loaded 45 Colt won't get it done on a hog then you need to switch to a rifle.

Yup, and not really 'heavy' to get it all done either.

270 gr Thunderheads at 950 is a wonderfully pleasant killer even in my lowly 45 Colt SAA.

And true to all of what has been said of the full bore 454, 335 gr Cast Parformance bullets at 1600 fps is 'booger bear' personified, rude little fooker it is.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have your fun! the best big bore shooter I ever knew was Whitworth and yes, we shot and hunted together. JWP also knows revolvers. We have had disputes in the past but that does not remove facts. Most of you do not know what a revolver can do.
Whitworth had his new .500 JRH here and shot at a can at 100 yards, it did not move. I took the next shot and this is what we found. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]Then this, a shotgun shell at 100 yards.
[Linked Image]
Tell Whitworth he can't shoot. I made the mold and loads.
some of you are so sad.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My guess is Mackay would hand you your azz......

It's kinda like being smart or good looking, if you have to tell people you are........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sighting in the .475 at 50 yards.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hole in the top of this can is 5 shots at 100 yards with a revolver, other is from a rifle.
You bash me yet my friends do the same so you 7 yard shooters will never do what Me and Whitworth can do. Our 100 yard groups will never be matched by any of you.
You also hurt others that know more. Put up your results or shut up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lost picture [Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i want to see this idiot go head to head with Paladin grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There are a bunch of folks here that are rather proficient with handguns.

At Quemado I handed a S&W to mudhen to play with.

After sayin something like "I don't shoot handguns much" he proceeded to ring a steel, off hand and open sights, at 171 yards.

Yeah, there are some folks here that can plain shoot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah not sure what the can pic was meant to show, ill be the first to say i am not much of a handgun shot, been around plenty of guys much, much MUCH better than me but ive killed more than one afternoon hitting more popcans than i missed with a fixed sight Ruger MkII at 100 once i got the hold figured out....hitting target type stuff with the majority of full size handguns at 100 isnt that hard to do with a lil practice....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The .460 S&W will allow you to shoot .45 Schofield, .45 Colt, the .454 Casull and the .460 S&W going from smallest to largest. What's not to like?
The weight.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
No pig alive will stand up to the .45 Colt shooting hard cast at about 1000 FPS. Period.

Took a while, but we got there! Too, I've never understood rationalizing the purchase of a large frame, heavy revolver by planning to fire cartridges in it that can just as effectively be fired from a revolver weighing around 1 lb. less.
If I was set on the purchase of such a behemoth, I'd fill an empty holster with something similar in weight and prowl about in the woods for a day.

Good luck with your choice!

35WN

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."- Col. Townsend Whelen
"I always tell the truth....that way, I don't have to remember anything."- George Burns
NRA Life Member
Certified NRA Reloading Instructor
Certified Texas Hunter Education Instructor
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
No pig alive will stand up to the .45 Colt shooting hard cast at about 1000 FPS. Period.

Took a while, but we got there! Too, I've never understood rationalizing the purchase of a large frame, heavy revolver by planning to fire cartridges in it that can just as effectively be fired from a revolver weighing around 1 lb. less.
If I was set on the purchase of such a behemoth, I'd fill an empty holster with something similar in weight and prowl about in the woods for a day.

Good luck with your choice!

35WN

Now we are getting somewhere. The most posts on any site are looking for light loads from a gun you should not have to start with. By an X frame .460 and look for .45 Colt loads, DOES NOT WORK!
Buy a .44 and shoot heavy boolits slow because the gun kicks. Does NOT WORK. Do you know why a barrel has twist? You want a 2" barrel in .454, DOES NOT WORK.
Even the .44 can't shoot heavy boolits slow. A million posts that say 1100 fps is enough, WRONG, it will kill but not hit.
These are the touted 1100 fps at 50 yards. You can not hit a deer. [Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Same boolit at 200 yards with the right load, Yeah stinking boolit is 330 gr. [Linked Image]
you are a fool if you think the wrong load will shoot.
you are even a bigger fool if you can out shoot whitworth or me.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,015
Posts18,520,703
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.