Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Barry,
That's a photo of rangers after the Norios ranch raid October 1916! Just north of Raymondville!!! Bandits against a U.S. army and ranger company hit by bandits the night before!

The issue is for almost 100 years we had men who had first hand, seen the cruelty that occurred over that border. Seen what that evil that existed there was capable of. They fought these people on almost a day to day basis. This was all they understood. They have now been chastised by history as racist. That many "innocent" died. Well there were innocent on both sides!

The entire scenario played out today labels "us" as the villian and thief! Poor Mexico!!! Puro toro caca!!! It was simply a matter of having to strike first before the enemy.

Yeah, it's not real PC now to fight wars, (Or at least WIN wars.) Or to close the border.

If you are gonna make mayonnaise, you have to break some eggs... laugh

Cool story about the raid! Thanks!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a bunch of supposedly ol' western (even Tejican) ranchers and ranch hands, y'all sure sound like a bunch of greenhorn damnyankees

You've got a "pest" problem. How do you deal with it?

Well, first of all figure out what is luring the pest to your place in the first place. Money and gov't benefits. That lure ain't an easy one to do away with or even control, but it's got to be done. The Trump idea of eliminating birth-right citizenship is a non-starter, but at least it starts a conversation about benefits and that's the issue. There has to be some reform in the gov't benefit programs in order to cut down on the attraction of illegals and worthless, non-working native born citizens.

Until, or in addition to, cutting out the "bait", you've got to cut the flow. A damned fence works to do that in three ways: first, it makes passage in certain areas (those that are fenced) more difficult. This creates a funnel to areas that aren't fenced. Now, you can do two things; leave areas so inhospitable that crossing is near certain death unfenced, and/or leave areas that you want to serve as pinch-points for traps unfenced to force more through there to get caught.

When you catch the pests, you have to deal with them. Elimination is not a viable option, to trap and relocation is. I'm not saying relocate just south of the border to have them come right back; I mean relocation to somewhere a hell of a long way away. Panama, for example... take their asses to the Canal and drop them off there to the U.N. or whomever else. Hell, take them to the Hague as international refugees and have them deal with them. Just take them somewhere it makes returning damned difficult.

You've still got a pest infestation internal to deal with. Natural attrition (some simply leaving) will happen. When you catch those internal, relocate similarly to the others caught trying to enter.

Yeah, the infestation is huge and it's a big damned problem that will take a long time to fix. It has to be fixed, and it will take a multi-pronged approach to do it. A fence is definitely part of that approach, as are all the rest.

One would assume that folks who had experience with ranches, etc., would understand this.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as our government subsidizes illegal immigration, it will continue. A wall doesn't have to be all or nothing. Build it where it is practical. Use electronics where it isn't.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the main issue right there...our government DOES subsidize illegal immigration.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think we have trouble understanding.

The main problem is our own government. That problem with immigration has exploded with Obama. That's a smell that's hard to miss.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Dems want to import more democrats, and the GOP is afraid they will. smirk

Meanwhile, the cartels make billions smuggling drugs and people. They now have amassed enough money and power to challenge the gov't in Mexico; witness the public works project they did under the nose of the officials to free El Chapo.

If we don't fix the border, they will continue to gain power, until they have enough influence to corrupt or coerce officials on both sides of the border. The next election here won't really matter, because Mexico will become another Somalia.

I'd say triple the number of border guards, and supporting courts, and prosecutors - then let them enforce the border. Whether they need to find and destroy tunnels, or chase coyotes on horseback, let them do their job.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 08/18/15. Reason: add last paragraph

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The main problem is our own government. That problem with immigration has exploded with Obama. That's a smell that's hard to miss.

Like in the [bleep]'s aides are calling South American governments, publishing pamphlets to facilitate entrance into the US.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The Dems want to import more democrats, and the GOP is afraid they will. smirk

Meanwhile, the cartels make billions smuggling drugs and people. They now have amassed enough money and power to challenge the gov't in Mexico; witness the public works project they did under the nose of the officials to free El Chapo.

If we don't fix the border, they will continue to gain power, until they have enough influence to corrupt or coerce officials on both sides of the border. The next election here won't really matter, because Mexico will become another Somalia.

And we will be the next Venezuela and I am not kidding

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ain't you, Barry. There's more than a few that don't get it.

It's a multi-faceted problem (just like any infestation), and it will take a multi-pronged approach to fix it. One solution, alone, ain't gonna cut it.

Hell, I know you know that.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think 38th Parallel.. Stop playing games with those from south of the border. No need for a debate.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Can't lay it all at Obama's feet, but he sure as hell has done his part to screw it up.

George Bush II had a perfect opportunity and excuse to tighten our border security after 9/11 and he squandered it.

Told me then & there that politics was still more important than American lives to all these a-holes we send to Washington.

We should build a fence and put the damned politicians behind it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some here have nailed it. Fences work but they do not work alone. fences would help funnel illegals to parts of the border where our border patrol officers, equipped and unshackled by politics could do their jobs. I fully understand it would not stop the illegals from coming but as the Navy taught me in Damage Control School plugging a hole in the side of a ship the best you can in a way that stops most of the water makes the water the remaining in a lot easier to clean up and can stop the ship from sinking. The same it true about our southern border, stop the mass deluge of illegals by plugging the border the best we can and the leaks will be a lot easier to clean up. But that is just phase one. Phase two has to make it so hard on those who are here they will want to leave. No benefits that give then better deals than working Americans have. No welfare, no free medical, no food stamps, no free education and e-verify put to full use with stiff penalties for the employers and those who are trying to take away jobs for American citizens.

Kick out all who stay. No sanctuary cities no places to hide. Those who leave voluntarily should be in line to return legally with guest worker visas. Those who have criminal records or who have to be deported blocked from ever returning.

One other thing, since Mexico is such a willing partner in helping those wanting to break US immigration laws the fences will be built on their side of the border. That is two if not three fences with good roads and no vegetation or hiding places between fences. Not one square inch of US soil or river bed given up.

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts gleaned and pondered for reading the thoughts and reports who live and work on our southern border. I do not live there and only have listened and read.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One must first stop the leak or slow it down,before bailing will do any good.

Steps need to be made,it will not stop all at once.

Make it unpleasant for folks to try to cross and then get the ones that are here.
After they catch bank robbers one at a time!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Somehow we manage to keep North and South Korea apart, why can't the same thing work between U.S. and Mexico? To heck with the Border Patrol, we should use the military to patrol the border. We have a Department of Defense, after all, not a Department of de fence.

I want the border closed. But, I'd rather have it done by folks that know what they are doing. Sometimes, sending green recruits with an M-4 to the border doesn't work out so well.

http://www.ndsn.org/july97/goats.html

Don't care much for military on private property.

This. We have well trained and professional Border Patrol Agents, give then the tools and support they need to do their jobs, back them up and let them do what they do better than anyone else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just wait until ISIS shows their hand in this country, aided by the Mex drug mafia and abetted by the Mex government. Border security may become high priority.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Americans built this. I think Americans could build a wall.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Americans built this. I think Americans could build a wall.

[Linked Image]

LMAO!

Well played.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am not convinced we will have to wait for that. Wait implies it is not already happening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Can't lay it all at Obama's feet, but he sure as hell has done his part to screw it up.

George Bush II had a perfect opportunity and excuse to tighten our border security after 9/11 and he squandered it.

Told me then & there that politics was still more important than American lives to all these a-holes we send to Washington.

We should build a fence and put the damned politicians behind it.

Exactly.

Therein lies part of the problem.

However, the majority of the problem is the 47% of the population who couldn't figure out if they wanted a fence or why, and then the numbers within the other 53% (as evidenced on this thread) that are ready to quit before they even start because "it's too expensive/it'll never work/it'll take too long/etc."

This Republic is falling for exactly the same reasons as Rome did, and damned few realize it (or even care).

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Interesting thread.

The only way to stop them is to stop giving them succour...and start seriously penalising those who offer employ or aid.

Twenty years in gaol and confiscation of all assets would be a good start to the "serious" effort.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.