Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Interesting thread.

The only way to stop them is to stop giving them succour...and start seriously penalising those who offer employ or aid.

Twenty years in gaol and confiscation of all assets would be a good start to the "serious" effort.

That is part one; reduce the lure/attraction. Part two is make ingress more difficult and trapping more likely. Part three is removal from within.

Vertebrate pest management; the concepts apply equally regardless of the species involved.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There are two incentives here..

The only one we are talking about is the wetbacks incentive for coming here.

We need to do away with the incentives to hire them. Make the penalty hurt. If it costs so much more to hire them, than they are worth, that incentive goes away as well.

Make it hurt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neither party wants a comprehensive plan or laws (hell, we don't even enforce the laws already on the books!) that tackles the illegal immigrant problem because one side views them as potential voters and the other is paid to look the other way.

That said, border fences (built correctly) deter illegals from coming over.

We don't need a DMZ type border, but something very close to it would be effective.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Too bad Mexico couldn't have been in Africa.

It belongs there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Neither party wants a comprehensive plan or laws (hell, we don't even enforce the laws already on the books!) that tackles the illegal immigrant problem because one side views them as potential voters and the other is paid to look the other way.

That said, border fences (built correctly) deter illegals from coming over.

We don't need a DMZ type border, but something very close to it would be effective.

Some time ago I came to the conclusion that the Australian Government hates Australians, it seems you have the same problem with the American Government.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our government loves itself. It wants to get bigger and bigger.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
It's going to take a special breed again to do what needs to be done. Those types exist today but they will not be allowed to do what needs to be done.

[Linked Image]

You have to get as many of them as you can the first time. There is more at stake than simply just illegal immigrants. They are evil individuals out there doing unthinkable crimes. And they fear nothing because they have nothing to fear, except their jefes.

i can't remember the guy off of the top of my head, maybe it was jordan, but one of those ol texas border guys wrote in one of his books about having to pay a fine for shooting into a bush and killing a hog by mistake. He grumbled if it would have been a mexican nobody would have cared.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That would have been ole Charlie Askins.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
A fence is completely impractical. Those who want in this country will find a way in spite of any minor physical barrier we erect. Save for making entry into this country at anything other than a border crossing station a capital offense, the only way to make a difference is to take away their incentive to come here. Employment.

The Jews have been building a fence in Israel to help keep the terrorist out and it is working fine.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Can't lay it all at Obama's feet, but he sure as hell has done his part to screw it up.

George Bush II had a perfect opportunity and excuse to tighten our border security after 9/11 and he squandered it.

Told me then & there that politics was still more important than American lives to all these a-holes we send to Washington.

We should build a fence and put the damned politicians behind it.

Exactly.

Therein lies part of the problem.

However, the majority of the problem is the 47% of the population who couldn't figure out if they wanted a fence or why, and then the numbers within the other 53% (as evidenced on this thread) that are ready to quit before they even start because "it's too expensive/it'll never work/it'll take too long/etc."

This Republic is falling for exactly the same reasons as Rome did, and damned few realize it (or even care).

pretty much.
but i think there are large parts of arizona where a "fence" is not practical but other methods are. What fences do is force the trade routes up in the mountains where it is harder to get at them. there are ways of stopping it. Other than watching B.P. sitting on about 50 new arrivals a few miles north of sasabe in the altar valley transporting them back to sasabe, under catch and release, so they can try the next day, then going back up to the road to sells, and watching a "mule" with a backpack bigger that he was getting ready to cross the road to indian rz land. While bp is cruising along in the a/c on the major highway .

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there are solutions that would drive out the illegal aspects of it almost over night. But there isn't the will to do it.
A lot of the new arrivals these days come from further south than mexico, central america and so on. Mexicans treat this influx on their southern border much different than we do here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lived in West Germany for several years back in the early 80's. Funny, I don't recall (other than a very small handful) any East Germans or any other folks from Eastern Europe slipping across the boarder wall... whistle

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
A fence is completely impractical. Those who want in this country will find a way in spite of any minor physical barrier we erect. Save for making entry into this country at anything other than a border crossing station a capital offense, the only way to make a difference is to take away their incentive to come here. Employment.

The Jews have been building a fence in Israel to help keep the terrorist out and it is working fine.

Yes, but the Jews are allowed to kill the fence jumpers...betting you won't.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama believes in fences.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We on the other hand could destroy the terrorists and choose not to.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"One would assume that folks who had experience with ranches, etc., would understand this."

OTOH, Nobody expects an unemployed lawyer to understand you can't build a fence or wall down the center of the Rio Grande.

And THAT is the elephant in the room that a bunch of you know it alls don't want to talk about.

And... for the Northern trapping expert, that "pinch 'em to a controlled point" is exactly what the BP in the El Paso Sector has been doing for thirty years that I can attest to.

I damn sure wouldn't make a fool out of myself by arguing with Kamo Gari about something in Boston.

But y'all go right ahead on about "the border" and building a fence or wall.

And post some more pictures of that wall in China.... but show the 200 miles of it down the ceer of a river this time.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear

We Obummer on the other hand could destroy the terrorists and choose not to.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
As long as our government subsidizes illegal immigration, it will continue. A wall doesn't have to be all or nothing. Build it where it is practical. Use electronics where it isn't.

Where in hell did you come from? I thought it was all idiots on the other side of the "debate".grin

But...... Did you know that your idea has been implemented for a lot of years?

But when the guys who are charged with responding to the electronic triggers are corrupt, they are not much of an impediment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not really. Implementation requires follow through. We paid for a fence once, but that isn't the same as building one.

Last edited by 280shooter; 08/18/15.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Americans built this. I think Americans could build a wall.

[Linked Image]

But where is the 1200 miles of river in the picture?

I'm not surprised by the stupidity displayed by most of the respondents to this thread.

But I am surprised by you beating the drum for a fence down the center of a river.

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 45 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.